Sunday, November 25, 2012

Water, Calories, Running.... Oh My!

Ok so I noticed something profound.  Well, profound to me anyway!  You drink all your water the day before, and your legs do not feel like lead when you run the next day.  It's like a light bulb just went off.  DUH to me!  I always have a really hard time drinking all my water on the weekend so I found this app called "Water Your Body".  It makes a cute little water sound to remind you to drink.  And you can also set a timer as to when you want it to start and to finish (like 8am until 8pm) and it calculates what you should be drinking - half your body weight in ounces.  Chris commented last night that he thinks the app is trying to drown me - lol. 

Now I have a calorie related question.  According to MFP, I should be consuming 1200-1350 calories per day.  Each day I enter all my food in and I'm usually around 1000 per day, but I'm not starving nor do I feel stuffed by eating this much.  Is this safe?  Also, I noticed with MFP when you exercise, they lump that in with your calories.  Does that mean that I should be eating more to compensate?  If I get to the end of the day and enter all my food, I guess it's a good thing that I can squeeze in a light beer or something but I'm just worried that I'm not doing the right thing.

And to the running portion.... I did 3 minutes straight - twice today!  WOOOHOOOO!  And as a side note, man I can't wait until my shadow shrinks a bit.  And that is not quite as lumpy as I look.  I had on a sweatshirt and in the pocket was a knit cap.  It was cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment