Saturday, December 29, 2012

A morning at the Lakes

Instead of hitting the gym this morning, hubby and I decided to take a drive to the LSU lakes and exercise there.  He brought his bike and I opted to walk.  It was a bit cool and windy so I grabbed my "bundle up" gear.  40º is quite cool for us Louisianians who aren't used to such weather.  Yes we are wimps heh heh.  I got my gloves, earmuffs, and a sweatshirt and we were ready to go.

No sooner had we arrived, I get a phone call from my daughter.  Her job called and she needed to go in.   Chris had the only set of car keys on him and he very generously, opted to go pick Dev up and bring her.  (Her car has been in the shop for a while now...hopefully it will be fixed soon!)

So I started my walk.  I don't ever have the fastest pace but I felt good about it and I'm not to terribly sore (as of now..)  I think I finished my walk around 84 minutes, which is just over 4 miles through the whole thing, but Chris wasn't done yet, so I looped the parking lot until I hit a total of 90 minutes.  And here is the end result: 

Along the way, I did snap a few pictures as well.  Some feathered friends decided to cheer me on:







So despite it being windy I did the whole thing.  It's such a beautiful change of scenery from my normal going up and down my road.


No comments:

Post a Comment