Wednesday, December 5, 2012

New Orleans Comic Con

I know this is non-diet/exercise related but just wanted to share a little of my experience Saturday at Comic Con.  This will be the 3rd  year that we have gone and each year it keeps getting better and better!  Unfortunately this year we were only able to go on one day, whereas in years past we have managed the whole weekend.  But despite that we had a phenominal time!  So much geeking out was done and there was much celebration!

The first thing we did after arriving was basically walk around for about an hour and a half.  We also window shopped at some of the vendors and checked out alot of the comic collections that were there.  From there, we walked around the Cosplay groups and stopped to chat with a few friends of ours that run our local Star Trek group in Baton Rouge.  I also wanted to check out the Krewe Du Who, a Doctor Who fangroup based out of Nola.  Here is me in front of their awesome tardis: 


Next up was Eliza Dushku's panel.  I have loved watching her career since True Lies and of course, Buffy, Angel and Dollhouse.


After Eliza, we walked around a bit more and got some lunch at the cafeteria then we waited in line for Stan Lee's panel for about an hour.  Finally it was time to go in!

We had missed his panel last year and we were so disappointed then so I wanted to make sure that we wouldn't miss this one.  It was amazing.  That man is sharp and so witty.  He had a little trouble hearing (hence the moderator in the pic above) but honestly this was hands down the best panel I have ever attended (Even better than Shatner's last year!).  We laughed at his antecdotes and also sang him "Happy Birthday".  He was quite amused by the birthday greeting but told the moderators that he would donate the cake to a local charity but wanted to make sure that someone took a picture of it for him first.  Gosh, I love that man!   He kept us entralled the entire hour. 

That was the last panel we decided to do and by this time it was around 3pm so we went back downstairs to do more window shopping and celebrity visiting.  I was shocked that I didn't buy anything.  It wasn't that I didnt want to but nothing really stood out to me this year.  T-shirts, I can order online but I do also want to wait until I lose a bit more weight before I buy more clothes and we have alot of nerdy stuff already. I think the only thing we did buy was a "Daryl" bobblehead that we got Norman Reedus to autograph. 

We did have a blast meeting some of the actors from The Walking Dead, our favorite current show!  Here are a few pics:


From L to R: My husband, Chris, family friend, Eden, Me, Norman Reedus (Daryl from The Walking Dead and Murphy from Boondock Saints), and my daughter, Devyn

Me and Jon Bernthal (Shane from The Walking Dead)


Me and Michael Rooker (Merle from The Walking Dead and tons more movies like Slither, Eight Men Out)


This guy was just walking around the Con with his brother.  I recognized him immediately though! He was the prisoner Tomas from early in season 3 of The Walking Dead.

Everyone we met was just super nice.  Not the typical stereotypes you would expect from celebs!

Oh! One final note, just about everyone went crazy over my daughter's "costume".  She ordered the kit about a week before and applied it and did all the make up herself. I think it came out fantastic!  Alot of people pulled her aside for some pics and the celebs themselves also loved it!


By the time the con ended we were just so exhausted.  But we had an absolute blast. I am looking forward to next time!  But hopefully I will be alot smaller by then and be able to wear a cute little costume.  Maybe something Who related!  We shall see!  If anything these pics show that even though I am in progress, I am not where I want to be.   I have a year and 2 months to work on things.  I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment