Monday, January 7, 2013

2 miles! 2 MILES!!!

Who has two thumbs and made 2 miles her b*tch this morning?!  This overweight - 38 year old!  And my timing is better too!  So all around a very successful run today!  Today was Week 8, Day 1, for those counting.  I knew I was going to be pressed for time this morning so I made sure I was up at 4:30 and out the door by 5am.  Today was Day 1 of Board Meeting day at work, which means we have to set up a wireless network with 3 access points, a router, a switch and oh, about 20 laptops around 7am.  And since I knew that was looming, I wanted to make sure I was awake and had plenty of time to get ready for work.  I would have run on Sunday (my normal day to run) but we had rain and cold yuck all day yesterday.  I knew I wouldn't have time after work either with bowling starting back up.  I bowl on a league on Mondays so after work is out.



Pace has definitely improved!  I'm super psyched about that now if I can get a mile in 15 or less that would be great!

Oh!  I tried another protien smoothie yesterday and it came out ah-may-zing.  It tasted just like a Blueberry Muffin!



Work has been kicking my butt today so back at it I suppose.   Happy Monday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Ymmv of course but I found that the point of c25k when I started doing regular continuous runs was a BIG turning point for me, likewise when I started getting past two miles.

    Sounds like you've got your base pretty solid, now you get to feel yourself build!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's definitely a work-in-progress! But I look how far I've come since Week 1 and barely being able to run a minute, let alone 30+ and I'm so full of pride now that it's not even funny! I can't wait to see where this path (ha!) will lead me!

    ReplyDelete