Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Holding steady or how I tried to run but my legs wouldn't work...

This mornings weigh in could have been better.  I'm only up .2 but I still don't like to see the color green on my Wednesday Weigh In page.   Ah well, I suppose it could be worse but at least this is a lesson to me to know when I eat badly I have to suffer the consequences.  I do have one last chance weigh in tomorrow on the January Challenge that I'm on with the DIS Disney Message Boards.   My starting weight at the beginning of January was 225.6 and I had hoped to lose 4 pounds during the month.  As of today I'm down 5.2 pounds for the month so I did a bit better than what I had planned. 

Yesterday morning, needless to say, I did not get up and run.  So I opted to do it after work.  I got dressed and headed out.  After a few minutes I realized that there was no way I could do it.  Between the wind howling and my legs just completely aching, I switched to walking.  I ended up walking for about 42 minutes until Chris got home.  It wasn't bad but it wasn't what I planned.  I tend to get grumpy when things don't quite go according to how I had hoped them too - that may be because I'm an only child, who knows, but I still felt bad since I didnt get to run.  I will try again on Thursday.  And because I didn't run in the morning, that also meant that I didn't get to the gym yesterday. 

Alas, today is a new day.  So... I WILL GO TO THE GYM TODAY.  I will visit Seymour and also do my weights routine.  I'm *hoping* to get at least 60 minutes on the elliptical.  I will just see how that plays out and not overdo if my legs are still hurting.  At the minimum, I will do 35 minutes though.  My mom wants me to go to the LSU basketball game with her after the gym but the only thing I want to do after the gym ususally is take a hot shower, get in my jammies and get caught up on tv from the dvr.  So unless she tells me that David Tennant or Paul Rudd is going to be at the basketball game, I will likely skip it. 

Oh!  I've decided that I'm going to try to exercise at least 1200 minutes in February and for the Weigh In Challenge I'm going to try for 6 pounds loss during Feb. 

Next Thursday is going to be the 3 month mark for my weight loss/lifestyle change initiative.  So I will definitely take my measurements and maybe try to take some better current pics.  I'm hoping that I can "see" more progress.  I kinda feel like I'm stalling out even though the scale is, in fact, sorta moving.  My clothes are fitting better but I'm not really seeing a difference in size, if that makes sense.  I guess I was just hoping that I'd be in a different size by now.  So in addition to being irate when things don't go my way, apparently I'm impatient also!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment