Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday..not in the park!

Good afternoon everyone!

Today has been crazy busy so far but I've got a lot accomplished.  I actually woke up late which was heavenly.  Very rarely do I sleep past 6am but today I managed to sleep until about 7:30.  Usually there is a cat in my face pestering me to get up and feed them.  Doyle must have had pity on me and didn't start his shenanigans until around 7ish.  

At first I thought that we could go to the Lakes today but the weather was not cooperating.  Instead my mom called and said she wanted to go to the gym with me so we did that instead.  I managed 60 minutes on the elliptical!  After that, ran to the pharmacy to pick up some medicine for Dev before she had to go to work.  Then went home and ate some fruit for breakfast and then Chris and I made our meal plans out for the week.  I've recently found a lot of great ideas for healthy smoothies/shakes that I'm going to give a try.  I will post more on that in a bit and I also need a boost in my calories so these will help with that as well.  We finally got all that done and then off to drop Dev off, hit the grocery store and run a couple more errands.  We are finally done!

Ok so the shake I tried today was the Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake and it really came out good.  I didn't quite have all the ingredients that it called for so I made a few substitutions of my own.  I keyed in everything that I put in it in MFP and it showed my version was a bit more calorie intense (485 total...) but that is actually ok since I have a lot of them to make up for anyway.  If you want to see what I used to substitute with these ingredients, check my MFP foods out for today.

Here is the recipe if any of you are interested:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake

1 cup almond milk
1 scoop chocolate protein powder 
1/2 banana
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
6 ice cubes

Blend until smooth.  257 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment