Wednesday, January 2, 2013

W7D2

Today is starting off to be pretty epic so far!  I had both a non-scale victory and a scale victory today!

I FINALLY see some movement on the scale!  After 3 and a half weeks of seeing the numbers 228 or 229 on the scale every.single.morning., this morning it showed 225.6!  And that is also with me being feeling rather crummy about my monthly "visitor" making her appearance.  So I'm really proud of that and I know I busted my butt last week on the exercise front and that probably made a difference as well.

My non-scale victory came during my run this morning.  Week 7, Day 2 is a 5 minute walk, 25 minute run and a 5 minute cool down walk.  Well today I pushed a little harder and instead of the cool down walk, I ran for 5 more minutes!  30 minutes total!   Now my mileage is still not great and I'm no where near an actual 5K in distance, but I did run every step.  

Oh and about the 5K distance, when I do feel up to it, I have plotted a route out that will be a true 5K.  I will need to drive to a church and park there but its less than 3 minutes from my house.  Another option would be to run around the lakes.  That route (if I don't do the extra loop) is just over a 5K in distance but I'm honestly psyched to try it out.  I can't wait until I get to that point!  Patience, young padawan... I need patience.  But I am getting there!

Happy New Years everyone!  I hope that each of you have a healthy and prosperous 2013!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 30 minute run! Don't worry about the mileage...just keep plugging along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yea, I figured the mileage will come along with the territory

    ReplyDelete