Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday update

I had a little time this morning before I needed to get ready for work to get my run in early.  I have bloodwork that I have to do every 2 weeks or so for the Blood Clotting disorder that I have so that the docs check my blood to make sure they are giving me the right dosage of Coumadin.  And since the clinic doesn't open until 7:30 that means I have a little more time to get a run in so I usually almost always try to schedule a morning run that day.  Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.  Personally, I'd much rather run in the morning anyway than after work.  My normal work hours are 7:00-3:30 so the runs that I do on other days means that I have to get up by 4:45 and out the door by no later than 5.  Even then I'm usually running late on those days.  I've really got to find a way to make this work!

My plan is to run 30 minutes or 2 miles today and sort of take it easy until I run the 5K on Saturday.  So I slept in a little (if you call getting up at 5:30 sleeping in... /sigh) then got up and promptly sat on the computer while "getting ready".  Yea, that never works out well.  I was finally out the door and running by around 6:10 and about 10 minutes later (one lap around my block) I finally had the "joy" to discover what Runners Trots are. So I hauled butt (ha!) back inside my house and just barely made it in time.  Thankfully I had enough sense to pause my Endomondo app and finished, ahem, my business, then headed back out.

I knew before 'the incident' that my pace seemed like it was going pretty well.  I picked back up with Endomondo and did 2 more full laps up and down my block for exactly 2 miles. 

So that 15:53 is a personal best!  I see improvement!  Hooray!

The game plan on exercise for the rest of the week is to visit Seymour today (my favorite elliptical machine that I've given a name too) and he and I will watch Luther together while I do my thing.  I'll visit Seymour again tomorrow and do weights also.  On Friday after work, I have 2 wakes to attend so there won't be any excericse done unless I can manage to get up and do it before work.  Right now that seems doubtful.  One of the funerals is about 25 miles away from where I live and the other one is in Opelousas, LA, which is about 45 minutes to an hour away.  Saturday's run starts at 8am so it is going to be a crazy beginning to the weekend.  Sunday is my rest day and stay-in-my-jammies all day long day.

Oh and one last thing!  I'm down 2 pounds this week bringing my total loss to 20 pounds since I started in November.  MFP says 24 but that's from my all time highest weight. 

Happy Wednesday everyone! 


  1. Wow! I'm impressed that you are able to get up so early to run....good for you!

  2. :) way to go.
    Its great you are down 20pounds. I admire at your determination...waking up soo early!