Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday update

I had a little time this morning before I needed to get ready for work to get my run in early.  I have bloodwork that I have to do every 2 weeks or so for the Blood Clotting disorder that I have so that the docs check my blood to make sure they are giving me the right dosage of Coumadin.  And since the clinic doesn't open until 7:30 that means I have a little more time to get a run in so I usually almost always try to schedule a morning run that day.  Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.  Personally, I'd much rather run in the morning anyway than after work.  My normal work hours are 7:00-3:30 so the runs that I do on other days means that I have to get up by 4:45 and out the door by no later than 5.  Even then I'm usually running late on those days.  I've really got to find a way to make this work!

My plan is to run 30 minutes or 2 miles today and sort of take it easy until I run the 5K on Saturday.  So I slept in a little (if you call getting up at 5:30 sleeping in... /sigh) then got up and promptly sat on the computer while "getting ready".  Yea, that never works out well.  I was finally out the door and running by around 6:10 and about 10 minutes later (one lap around my block) I finally had the "joy" to discover what Runners Trots are. So I hauled butt (ha!) back inside my house and just barely made it in time.  Thankfully I had enough sense to pause my Endomondo app and finished, ahem, my business, then headed back out.

I knew before 'the incident' that my pace seemed like it was going pretty well.  I picked back up with Endomondo and did 2 more full laps up and down my block for exactly 2 miles. 

So that 15:53 is a personal best!  I see improvement!  Hooray!

The game plan on exercise for the rest of the week is to visit Seymour today (my favorite elliptical machine that I've given a name too) and he and I will watch Luther together while I do my thing.  I'll visit Seymour again tomorrow and do weights also.  On Friday after work, I have 2 wakes to attend so there won't be any excericse done unless I can manage to get up and do it before work.  Right now that seems doubtful.  One of the funerals is about 25 miles away from where I live and the other one is in Opelousas, LA, which is about 45 minutes to an hour away.  Saturday's run starts at 8am so it is going to be a crazy beginning to the weekend.  Sunday is my rest day and stay-in-my-jammies all day long day.

Oh and one last thing!  I'm down 2 pounds this week bringing my total loss to 20 pounds since I started in November.  MFP says 24 but that's from my all time highest weight. 

Happy Wednesday everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed that you are able to get up so early to run....good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) way to go.
    Its great you are down 20pounds. I admire at your determination...waking up soo early!

    ReplyDelete