Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hopefully not so "Fat Tuesday"

Last weekend's eating wasn't so great for me.  I stayed within my calorie range but the food itself, well, I just know I could have done better so I got back on track yesterday and hopefully will continue that pattern today.  I actually have the day off today since it's Mardi Gras down here and I'm actually taking tomorrow off as well to go with hubby to his dentist appointment.  He is having a procedure done so they will have to put him under anesthesia for a bit.  So my thought process was that I could really get a killer work out in today and tomorrow at the gym until I remembered that our local YMCA is closed on Mardi Gras. 

How frustrating is that when you really look forward to something and it isn't open?  It's like taking a trip in the family truckster all the way to Walley World just to find it closed.  :(

So despite Walley World the YMCA being closed, I needed to do something and knew we are expecting heavy rains today.  So I laced up my shoes and headed out the door in the misty grossness that is the South when it is overcast.  Despite the drizzle, my times are definitely improving ever so slowly!

So that is done at least, and now I'm about to do a little cleaning around here, shower and then get caught up on some tv shows off the dvr! 

How are you spending your Tuesday?



6 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! I can't wait to run 15 minute miles! Hell, I can't even wait to run a full mile without stopping, regardless of how fast haha. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha trust me if I can do it, anyone can! It's truly amazing to see how far I have come since I started this in November!

      Delete
  2. You're doing great! It's great seeing you improving every week. I'm hoping to get my average pace down too. My father is "out of running shape" (his words) and does a 10 minute mile. Man I wish I was "out of shape" like him, lol. 3 years ago I pulled a 10 min mile during a 2 mile race and dry heaved for 10 minutes at the finish line, lol. I wish you many more good runs and races without dry heaves! =) I spent my Fat Tuesday running too. Have a great night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez, I wish I was out of shape like him too! LOL Yea, I'm trying to push myself ever so slightly but if I start feeling bad then I'll slack off.. I figure that my pace will definitely improve also as I shed more weight. At least I hope!

      Delete