Sunday, February 10, 2013

My favorite protein shake

I haven been implementing a few different shakes in my weekend rotation especially after a nice long workout.  They also can be used as a meal replacement.  I got several of these from sparkpeople.com and also Runs for Cookies Recipes

My hands down absolute favorite is the Cake Batter Protein Shake.  In my former "fat" life, I would think nothing of going to Cold Stone Creamery and getting a pint of their cake batter ice cream and mixing white chocolate chips, whipped cream and strawberries in it.  It was my absolute favorite guilty pleasure indulgence.  It was a weekly treat for Chris and I to go watch a movie then stop by Cold Stone on the way home.  The "Gotta Have It" size, is what I would normally get and that alone without the strawberries and White Chocolate and whipped cream is 1,120 calories!   I can't believe I would eat that... weekly!

So in lieu of that, I've discovered these shakes and trust me when I say, they are every bit just as filling as that ice cream used to be.  Keying the recipe into My Fitness Pal, it is approximately 208 calories (using Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk).

Anyway, here's the recipe:

Cake Batter Protein Shake

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 serving vanilla protein powder
1 Tbsp. Torani sugar-free french vanilla syrup
1 Tbsp. cheesecake pudding mix
1 Tbsp. white chocolate pudding mix
1/4 tsp. each guar gum and xanthan gum (optional - I don't use these)
1 cup ice cubes (I use 10 cubes)


If you have any of these you like, please let me know!  I'm always willing to try more.  I have a few "go to" ones that I adore and let me know if you want me to post those as well. 

4 comments:

  1. Going to have to try that protein shake! I'll be ordering new protein in April so I'll definitely make sure I order vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tons of more recipes too, just let me know if you are interested and I'll send you some of my favorites!

      Delete
  2. The shake looks yummy!! Where do you go for the vanilla syrup? Girl..Coldstone is my nemesis!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Thanks for the shake recipe, it looks awesome...I'm definitely going to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The syrup is called Toranis I believe. Go to www.torani.com and there is a way to search to see if it is sold locally near you.

      Delete