Friday, March 15, 2013

3.14 on 3/14

I've been planning in my head to try to do this for a while now so I was excited to get out there yesterday morning and go for a run.  My running has been, um, inconsistent lately but I knew that I had to try.  I managed to get 2 miles of it in but then did a run walk mix to finish the last mile out. 

Pi Day - had a hard time trying to screen shot that while running

And this was the completed run/walk/jog.  For a total of 3.25
So I did it!  It felt so great afterwards and that reminded me why I really do love to run.  I love how it feels after the fact.  But around mile 2 my hip actually started hurting.  This is the first time since I started running in November, that something actually started to cause pain.  So that was part of the reason I walked/ran that last mile.  My hip still hurts a little today but I will go to the gym and see how I do on the elliptical.  My plan is to run again tomorrow but I will play it by ear.  Either way, I cannot skip cardio and since Sunday is going to be rest day, I have to do something today and tomorrow at least. 

Oh I did take a couple pictures on my normal run.  Just to show you how dreadfully boring it has gotten.  I really need to find some different places to go but I talk myself out of it by saying that "I could be out there doing it now and almost finished".  So I usually end up going on my street and doing it anyway.

The civilization end.  Uniformity at its finest!

Only 2 houses on the left and then a big field in between.  B-O-R-I-N-G!

4 comments:

  1. I'll trade you for my hills a plenty route that hurt my foot! Keep on trucking and congrats on your pi run!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot!!!! So awesome!!! You should be so proud of yourself:) I totally see what you mean about being boring, I feel the same way in my neighborhood. You are doing awesome though!! You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it really is and I really need to find something different. I can do run around the lakes on the weekend. I just need to go and do it. Maybe this coming Saturday if the weather is nice!

      Delete