Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday morning

I have one of those rare days to myself this morning again!  It's been glorious so far but I haven't even begun to do what I had wanted to!  I wanted to treat myself to a movie and also a haircut.  Maybe there will still be time before hubby gets home from work.  If not, he can just tag along with me! 

So I woke up around 7 or so (which is actually late for me) and the weather is still so gorgeous outside, I figured I'd at least get a mile walk in and then go to the gym for the elliptical.  I haven't visited Seymour, the elliptical machine, but once this week and I was feeling guilty.  The weather has been so absolutely stunning though.  I had to take advantage.  As they say about Louisiana weather, give it 5 minutes and it will change.

Not a cloud in the sky outside either and 67º
So got that out of the way and headed to the gym.  My friends Ed and Trisha where there watching their son in the gym play basketball so we chatted for a bit.  Then finally at last, I had a date with my Seymour.  We watched the "New Earth" Doctor Who episode together.  Then once I finished, I thought about doing weights but then decided that I was getting pretty hungry and I had a new protein shake that I wanted to try.

Last weekend Chris and I had went to 3 different stores trying to find Peppermint extract and finally located it.  I've been wanting to give the Peppermint Pattie protein shake a try.





It was so yummy!  It tasted just like an Andes mint!  Is it just me or do you remember those? 


Here's the recipe if you want to check it out:

Peppermint Pattie Protein Shake

3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
1 serving chocolate protein powder
1 tbsp. instant chocolate pudding mix
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
10 ice cubes

Blend and enjoy!

So I guess that's it for now, I do want to try to clean the kitchen before heading out for some me time.  Hope you all are enjoying your weekend so far!

4 comments:

  1. That shake looks so yummy!! Mint is my fav so I'm definitely going to have to try that. I am SOOO with you on the weather! We are still pretty cold here in OH, but it was almost 50 today...SOO close to outside workout weather..can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow yea, hopefully the weather will warm up for you soon so you can get out and enjoy it!

      I think when I inputed everything in MFP, it turns out that shake was only 195 calories! And that was with those exact ingredients!

      Delete
  2. That shake looks delish! I like the idea of having the mint in it. Probably takes away some of the blah protein taste from the protein powder? I don't know if you have a Costco close to you, but I drink Premier Protein shakes, both chocolate and vanilla. They are 160 calories, 30g of protein, 3g of carbs. I love these because they have no grit to them at all, and they are great for blending with ice and other stuff. Just a thought. Good job getting out for a run lately and for hitting the eliptical. I like the idea of watching a show while on the machine to keep you motivated for the next session. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, out of all the recipes I use for my protein shakes, I really have yet to "taste" the P.P.! I really think that small bit of jello mix that I use in most all my shakes is what makes the difference! I don't have a Costco here but I do have a Sam's Club. I'll have to be on the lookout for those!

      Delete