Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sick

So this weekend definitely did not turn out like I had expected.  I started feeling sick on Friday with a scratchy throat, headache and stuffy nose.  From there it escalated to a full blown sinus infection and now my ear is hurting too so I'm wondering if I have an ear infection also.  If I don't get better by tomorrow, I'm definitely calling the doc.  Needless to say I  missed my run yesterday.  At this point, I just don't feel like exercise just yet.  I'd like to try and go for a walk later on if it warms up a bit outside and of course, depending on how I feel. 

Being sick is a perilous time for me.  Before when doing the weight loss and dieting thing, it was a very slippery slope that eventually lead to me drinking a Sprite here and there, and then that just snowballs into other sodas and poor choices with food.  All I want right now is comfort food.  Must be strong!  I'm trying to be extra diligent right now with watching my calories since I haven't exercised since Thursday.  I was only over by 50 on Friday but that was even the low total figure so I'm not sweating that too much.

Ok that's about all the update I have in me right now. The good news is that the DVR is getting cleared out (the bad news, is my house is a wreck!) Heading back to my comfy spot on the couch.  Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. awww--hope you feel better soon
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am feeling a bit better today. Still not quite 100% though. We will see how the day goes!

      Delete
  2. Aww I hope you feel better right away!!! I missed my workout today too...good for you for being so mindful of things. I know that is hard! Better to be on the couch for a bit so you can feel better rather than pushing too much and getting worse! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am feeling a bit better. Hoping to at least get a walk in after work today.

      Delete