Monday, March 11, 2013

Since this Thursday is Pi day...

I'm thinking of using that as a nerdy challenge to myself to either run 3.14 or do the elliptical for that amount.  I think it will be a fun thing to do!

But I will try my best to actually stay away from real Pie that day ;)

So hoping I have a good game plan in place for this week.  I actually exercised 5 days in a row last week so that was a pretty good streak.  Tuesday through Thursday I had a date with Seymour.  And Saturday I did a run/walk mix.  Yesterday was my normally scheduled jammie/rest day.  So yesterday was full of cleaning, laundry, playing the new Tomb Raider, then watching The Walking Dead.


So my plan of attack for this coming week is this:
  • Today I'm hoping to squeeze in a 30 minute walk before bowling (weather permitting if the rain stops, if not then I will go do my weights at the gym).  Other than the bowling, I usually never get any workouts in.  I really need to try to do a little something each Monday. 
  • I really, really want to try to start getting up and doing a little something before work.  Even if it is just running one mile.  I know that is really adventageous of me especially since the time change just happened.  But even an extra 20 mintues per day may be the boost I need to get below 200 by April 24th.  Who knows!  We shall see!
  • Make sure I do weight training at least 3 times this week.  And I've actually upped my reps to doing 3x of what the little paper printout at the YMCA is telling me.  I've been finding that just doing one set of 20 was getting too easy.
  • Keep plugging along and entering my food and exercise in MFP.  My streak is almost to 110 days so I just need to keep on, keeping on there.
Hoping these goals will pan out.  The only temptation this week will be on Thursday.  We are doing a pot luck luncheon for a guy who is retiring in our section.  Other than that, everything is mapped out food-wise.

Are you guys ready for the week ahead? 

No comments:

Post a Comment