Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday Whoosh and a NSV

Finally some downward momentum is happening on the scale!  Weighed in this morning at 206.6!  (Down 2.8 from last week).  Of course, I realize that it will stall again for a few weeks but for now I will happily take whatever scale victory it gives me!  My weekly pattern still seems to be whoosh, stall, stall, whoosh.  And as incredibly frustrating as the stall weeks are, at least I know (or I hope) a whoosh is on the way!

I have actually upped the ante on the exercise front.  I've started Jillian's 30 Day Shred in addition to what I was already doing.  I'm so glad that endomondo now allows you to add other static (non-gps) related activity.  I still have to log my food in My Fitness Pal though but as far as exercise goes, I just add it all in Endomondo and it syncs up with MFP.  Easy peasy!

I've also actually upped my calorie intake to around 1460 per day.  I'm curious to see how this will affect the scale.  I'll keep ya posted there!

Ok NSV time.  So after my Saturday morning workout, Chris wanted to head by Best Buy to check out some vaccuum cleaners and since I would be doing a little cleaning later that morning, I decided to go with him.  (That is why I look kinda gross and unshowered).  And because of all the water that I've been drinking, I had to go pee.  So I ran into the bathroom there, walked in and had to do a double take.  I almost didn't recognize myself!  We really don't have any full length mirrors at the house and I was shocked at the difference I was seeing!   I went back out and asked Chris if I really looked like this?!  He said, yes, of course.  So I went back in the bathroom and snapped a pic.

 And for comparison's sake.  Here is a pic of me at my all time highest at 244:
It may not seem like a lot yet, but the difference is tremendous for me.  After that, I was on a huge "high".  Then I started getting brave when we went into Target.  It occurred to me that I was still wearing all the same clothes that I always have worn and even though I haven't really started to move down size-wise just yet, I wanted to see if I could experiment a little.  And since I was going to the Matchboox Twenty concert that night anyway, I figured why not a new outfit).  So my first stop is the womens section (Chris was still comparison shopping for the vaccuum).  Everything looked like it was a tent.  I went a little further over into the "normal" section and on a whim decided to try an XL on.  It freaking fit!  And buttoned up!

 Ok so that was me still in my sports bra.  When I got home and tried it on after I showered in my 'normal' bra, it didn't quite button so well.  But I did end up buying the shirt and I wore it that night, just not buttoned!
Devyn's "Large" new shirt.  Mine now!  MUWAHAHAHA!
So then I decided, Devyn always has a ton of stuff that she never wears (you know, stuff that mom always buys the kids and they never even take the tags off...)  So I went 'shopping' in Devyn's closet.  If it had a tag on it or if I have never seen her wear it, I took it back.  Eventually I will be able to fit into it!  The retro MTV pink shirt was actually a large.  A little tight but hopefully not for long!

Do you guys have any NSV's you'd like to share that has happened lately?

9 comments:

  1. You are looking so good! NSV's are sometimes better than any scale number :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing since we don't have any full-length mirrors in our house. Brent always laughs because sometimes I pause to check myself out. I keep telling him I'm not narcissistic, just shocked. :) He thinks it's neat that I like to look at myself now and get happy, whereas in the past I'd see my reflection and freak out since I didn't realize how fat I actually was. I had been 300-ish for so long that I kept picturing myself that way, so whenever I saw myself at 357, I'd FLIP OUT. Now, it's the opposite. I keep forgetting how "skinny" I am. ("Skinny" in quotation marks because I'm 297 pounds. Heh.)

    I really should buy a full-length mirror. Right now, if I want to see how an outfit looks, I have to use the timer on my camera and take a picture. It's pretty silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I get you and totally not narcissistic! Just amazing seeing yourself differently than you have visualized how you are. Just like how you can think of yourself one way and in a photograph, well, that is usually not the way you want to see yourself! LOL

      Delete
  3. Great work! I also have the same experience with the scale so I've weighing in (officially) every 2-3 weeks. I still weigh myself once a week to make sure I'm not gaining, but otherwise I like seeing the bigger number on MFP, lol. Increasing calories is definitely a good plan when you are working out with Jillian! You WILL be hungry lol. At least I'm decently hungry after a good workout with her. ^_^ Clothes fitting and smaller sizes are the BEST motivators! I wore a shirt to my eye doctor's appointment today that was tight as heck in my hips in November. Today it hung nicely on me and I have plenty of room in it around my hips. It's a great feeling! Keep on keepin on my friend! You have slimmed down amazingly well! Great great great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, the calorie thing is a total experiment just to see if on my stall weeks I will actually see some movement. Of course, I'm on the hard push to get below 200 too so that is also a motivator to see the scale move a bit more. Great job on your NSV today too! You are doing so great!

      Delete
  4. Girl, I seriously started crying reading this post! You look so amazing!!!!!! I am so proud of you:) What a HUGE difference! You should be so proud of yourself, that is so awesome. :) And SOOOOO close to that special number! Keep it up girl, you are kicking butt:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aww now you have me tearing up! Thank you so much! You inspire me so much too!! We will be sub 200 soon! I just know it!

      Delete
  5. Iam soo proud of you :)
    Hard work pays off....eventually!

    ReplyDelete