Wednesday, April 17, 2013

40!!!!!!


I told ya'll to expect fireworks and clapping!!  ;)

After seeing the first 20 pounds fly off, and struggling for every single pound of the next 20,  I am pleased to report that as of this morning I am at a 40 pound loss!!!!
Excuse the gnarly socks.  NO way am I taking a pic of my bare feet. LOL
Well technically 40.2 pounds but hey who counts the decimal part.  Next mini-goal, naturally is the big 200 number.  Ready to say good-bye to it forever!  I don't think I'm going to make my goal of being at or below 200 by next Wednesday though.  That was my ultimate goal to start, that I would be down to that weight by the time of my yearly physical for my doc.  I will be close, but may have to bump that goal back a bit and hope that I can hit it by the time my 6 month mark comes around on May 7th. 

In lieu of all the non-exercise that happened over the last few days because of Buzz T. Dog and his multiple vet visits (I'll update on that in a bit) and all of Chris's car issues needless to say this has been the longest streak that I haven't done some form of exercise except when I was sick.  But I'm back at it today.  I had bloodwork to do at the docs this morning so I was able to wake up and get a small run in. 

The run itself was uneventful other than I was thinking of Boston the entire time.  I squeezed in a little over a mile in about 20 minutes and I think I may have set a PR of 14.28/mile. I'm not exactly sure because endomondo doesn't show PRs below a 5K unless I upgrade to the premium package and the pro is all I really need.  Ah well.  I think it might be a PR and thats the main thing I suppose. 

**********
Now for some non-fitness/diet related updates.  Chris's car has been repaired and I'm pretty sure this part will be funny someday.  It wasn't, on Monday, however.  Chris's car was behind mine when he went to move his on Monday morning for me to leave.  He got in and it wouldn't crank.  So we called my dad, and he came to jump his car off.  In doing so discovered a lot of corrosion was on the battery and cable.  He told us to go out to his shop and he would clean it with a wire brush to get all the corrosion cleared.  (At this point Chris and I both had called in for the day.  Our day started with us frantically trying to log in and finish our daughter's taxes on turbo tax).  Nothing like procrastination, eh?   Anyway, so the clamp on the battery ended up breaking off.  Fortunately, dad had one that he was able to affix and we were back in business.  Except.. Chris's driver side window, during all the clamping and unclamping of the battery, managed to reset itself so everytime he would try to roll his window up automatically, it would go up and then back down again.  Tried to go by a friend of my dad's who owns a body shop and they tried to fix it too but with no avail.  At this point Chris and I just wanted to go home since we were starving so we did.  I was working on making lunch while Chris was back and forth googling "how to fix your window in a 2005 mustang" and then we hear a "gargle crunch crunch scrape".  I looked and Chris and he looked at me.  Ran outside and discovered his car had not been put into gear and rolled out of our driveway and smack over our neighbors mailbox.  As in, the car was stuck on the mailbox.  After a few tries, he finally got it free.  Mailbox was destroyed.  The car, fortunately, had no problems on the underside and nothing is leaking.  The back bumper, well, it will need some tlc eventually.  Sooooo, off to Lowes to get them a new mailbox.

I'm not entirely sure but I don't think you are supposed to hit the screwdriver like a hammer, honey.

During all of the fiasco that was Monday, we were expecting a call from the Vet about Buzzy's bloodwork and whether or not he would be cleared to have surgery.  After all that, I didn't get a call from them so I called them yesterday.  Spoke to the vet and he felt that Buzz would not be a good candidate for surgery at this time due to his age and what the bloodwork said (a lot of issues, sadly).  But he said that he would like to take a look at the tumors and see for himself.  We had seen his assistant on Saturday, so we took him back in yesterday.  He basically said what we are fearing and that we are going to hopefully just wait and see.  Buzz doesn't appear to be in any pain or suffering right now but at the rate of speed that the tumor is growing that we just need to keep a close eye on the situation.  Our vet is awesome by the way.  He was very kind and gentle and he said he will be with us every step of the way with our "old man".  And we'd know in our hearts when the right time would be and when we would need to make the decision to put him down.   

Sadly, I wish I had a better update about that.  But we are spending as much time with Buzz and loving on him as much as possible.  Here's a pic of him when he was young and spry.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on 40! That milestone took me a while. The first 20 flew, and then it was just 36...37...38...35...36...39...37... Grrrr. :)

    I'm sorry about your doggie. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I would love a repeat of the first 20 pound loss for the next 20 but I know that may be hard pressed to actually happen.

      Thank you. We are just at a wait and see point now. He's been a wonderful companion for the last 17 years. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on 40 lbs! That is awesome!!

    So sorry to hear about your dog. My family dog passed a few years ago...pets really are part of the family. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, he's been a great doggie. Hoping to just shower him with love until he passes.

      Delete
  3. GREAT WORK!! WOO!!! More fireworks!! :) You're getting stronger, faster, better, and looking awesome! It's hard to lose a pup. I lost my first dog in 2005 due to an infection (it was really hard) and my husband lost his childhood dog due to a tumor in 2011. It's a hard loss but just cherish and enjoy the time left with your old pup. Here's to more good news and less hard times!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes! Looking forward to this crazy week to being over! All the doggies that I have had lived long and happy lives. My childhood dogs, E.T. and Josie lived to be 18 and 19 respectively. And you can definitely sense a pattern with the naming of my animals can't you? Apparently I am highly influenced by Pop Culture. :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the big 4-0 that is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooo proud of you for hitting 40 pounds GONE! You GEAUXGIRL! ;) I'm sorry about your dog and the car though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And yes, thanks about that. The car is fine now fortunately. Now we are just enjoying the time that we have left with Buzzy.

      Delete
  6. Man how did I miss this post!?!?!?!?! WOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!! BuhBYE 40 pounds!!! SO proud of you sister!!! *****APPLAUSE***** I am really happy for you girl, you are awesome! You can SO tell in your pics now what a huge difference you are making and you should be so happy and proud of yourself, I know I am proud of you! That is so great girlie, great job:)

    Really sorry about your sweet pup. :( I don't know if this will make you feel any better but we had a kitty that had a similar issue and we were able to enjoy our time with him for quite awhile after we learned about the tumors. Thinking of you and Buzzy tonight <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!

      Yea, we are just trying to shower him with as much love as we can. If we start to see warning signs of him suffering we will take the next step at that time. Until then, hopefully he will be the happiest doggie on the planet! :)

      Delete