Monday, April 8, 2013

Goals for this week

I've been doing a lot of thinking about my running latey, or lack thereof.  I think because I have no set running goals ahead of me that is why I tend to blow off the running.  So I've decided to go ahead and buck up and schedule my next race.  I know since I have been less than optimistic about running lately that I will likely not be able to run the whole thing but here it is.  On Friday (payday) I will go ahead and sign up for The Color Run - Baton Rouge !

I'm nervous and excited about it all at the same time.  I'm nervous for a couple of reasons though.  I don't do well with crowds and I think this will be a crowded race.  I'm extremely shy and self-consious and well just awkward in social situations.  I did ok with my first offical race since there was only about 20 people.  And even though I came in dead last, I survived.  First one is the hardest, right?  I hope anyway.  Next cause for nervousness... I don't like getting dirty.  This part is probably causing me more anxiety than the crowd part.  I know that these are just issues that I need to deal with and this whole lifestyle change really is about me getting out of my comfort zone so that is another reason why I've decided to just knuckle down and commit.

So, my goals for the week are these:
  • I am closerthanthis to a 40 pound loss.  I want to see that number sometime this week!  204.4 will put me right at the 40 pound mark.  As of this morning I'm at 206.6.
  • RUN!  Seriously.  Get off my duff and get out there.  Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.  Rain or shine.  (Well if it is raining, then I'll go and run indoors at the gym).  That will give me 5 times to run before the 5K.  Hopefully by the time the 20th gets here I can get some of my stamina back and at the very least run the majority of the race.
  • Jillian has moved to the backburner too as of last week but I do want to pick up the 30 Day Shred again.  I made it up to D7L1 and I want to keep on with that.  Maybe not every single day though.  I'm thinking 3 to 4 times per week.  I don't want to get burnt out or overwelmed again like I did last Tuesday/Wednesday.  I will round out Level 1 this week and next week I will start on Level 2.
And I will go ahead and type out my normal workout plans for the week.  I'm not sure if I have ever completely laid that out for you guys but typing this out means that I will hopefully stick to it.

Monday - 30 Day Shred, Weight Training, Bowling (Weekly league and yes, I do count it!)
Tuesday - Run, Elliptical
Wedneday - 30 Day Shred, Weight Training (Normally I'd do elliptical here too but I'm going with my daughter to see Colin Mocherie and Brad Sherwood's improv that night)
Thursday - Run, Elliptical
Friday - 30 Day Shred, Walk or Elliptical
Saturday - Run or Elliptical, Weight Training
Sunday - REST!

***In the time that it has taken me to write this post (busy work day...boo!), I have gone ahead and registered for the race on the 20th.  That's why visa cards were invented, right?! 

8 comments:

  1. The dirty part I wouldn't have any issue with but I am very much like you in the shy and awkward department. I need to work on that too. I have full confidence that you'll finish the race and maybe even have fun doing it :). I'll have to see if they have one like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I did some more reading and I'm getting a bit more nervous about it. I don't want to wear my good running shoes, so I will go in my older pair. And I'll have to bring a change of clothes and probably leave my glasses at home. Ugh. And of course, I'm all out of contacts so I will be as blind as a bat when running. I need to pick up a pair of cheap sunglasses too, it looks like since I don't want that stuff in my eyes.

      Delete
  2. Aww I so sympathize with you. I am signed up for 2 Color runs (not till June and July) but I am nervous for the same reasons. Partly because of the whole getting things tossed on me and mostly because of all the people. I will seriously need a Xanax or something that morning. I am SOO proud of you and I know you will do awesome. These are great goals and I know you will kick them in the teeth!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh xanax.. that sounds like an excellent idea LOL. Read my comment up above there. I'm getting more and more apprehensive the more I read. :/

      Delete
  3. I'm doing the Color Me Rad run with my friend. She invited me to be a part of her group. I don't know anyone but her so it will be a tad awkward but I'm trying to break out of my shy shell too. Maybe find someone who'll do it with you? I'm pumped about getting all messy! :) I think it will be good fun. Small races make me more nervous than big ones. Big ones you can blend in with the crowd more. I ran a 2 mile race in 2009 and it was a small one and I hated it. The 5K I'm doing at the end of this month will have a few hundred in it so that makes me feel more at ease. As for your training, just make sure you get adequate rest days so you don't burn out. My body needs 2 rest days or else I get sick/weak/cranky. If you need an extra one, take it. If not, keep on powering through! Jillian Michaels stuff is no joke and is exhausting so 3 days a week is a good approach. It took me 2 months to finish 30 day shred, but it made me stronger and I'm getting through Ripped in 30 in about 5-6 weeks this time. :)It's a shame I don't live closer or else I'd totally sign up for races with you! We have a similar pace and it would be nice to run with someone. Le sigh. Good luck girl and keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, definitely going to go slow with the training. I'm due for my first run back tonight. Hoping I can at the very least, complete a mile. We will see. I'm not going to push myself too hard though especially at first.

      Delete
  4. I am going to start the 30 Day Shred again this week as well...I agree though...I'm not doing it every day. I think 3 times a week, plus other exercising is better for me. I get too bored by doing the same every day and then I quit doing it (not really my ideal goal)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yea, I really get bored easily, especially with the dvds. So I think that will be a good compromise of 3 days of that, plus my normal stuff.

      Delete