Thank you SO much to Diary of an Everyday Girl for nominating me to be a Very Inspiring Blogger. I've been wanting to write about this for about a week now but life has been so hectic lately. I am honored and humbled that you thought and took the time to nominate me! Thank you so much!!!
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Now 7 things about myself. Hmm. I'll start with the most obvious:
1. I am nerd, hear me roar! Yes, I love all things geek. I love conventions, cosplay, table top games, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Firefly, Buffy, Lord of the Rings, video games, movies and all things Joss Whedon and many things in between.
2. Even though I currently work in Information Technology (which I love), my favorite job(s) that I have had was managing a movie theater. I was assistant manager at 2 of our local movie theaters for several years. I quit when it was starting to interfere with me seeing Devyn grow up and I was having to miss a lot of her t-ball games. I do miss the movies tremendously and it was a perfect job for my ADHD but all in all I do love being in Tech Support now. I love the 7:00 - 3:30 hours and it's also a great fit for ADHD too!
3. I'm an Anglophile. Sounds like a dirty word, doesn't it? Nah, it just means that I love all thing having to do with British culture. I think in a former life I must have lived in England. It is my dream to visit there! Ahh one day. I love the accents, the television shows, the music, the culture and the architecture of it all!
4. I'm a nerd but I'm also a jock. I played basketball, volleyball and softball growing up. I still yearn for the days when I'm healthy and fit enough to start enjoying those activities again. I also love Tennis too. I can't wait to pick that up again.
5. I'm a Disney addict! I've been to WDW about 30+ times. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family that made a yearly trek to Florida every summer! And since I do have family in Florida, sometimes that meant multiple trips. Now that I'm an adult, sadly, I don't get to go quite as often but I'm always secretly planning a trip (even if it is 2-3 years away). You should see my collection of Pluto stuffs. ºoº
6. I am freakishly good at remembering Pop Culture items. Can't remember who sang, "One Night in Bankok" in the 80s or who starred in The Fall Guy, or who the kid who played Rufio in Hook was? Just ask me!
7. Blerg! Having trouble coming up with a 7th item... Oh ok, I'll go ahead and fess up to this. I have OCD. Not medicated for it but enough to where people sometimes comment on it. All my money (if I have any) in my wallet, is face-up, crinkle free and in corresponding order - lowest to highest. I eat food one item at a time and in order of yucky to yummy. That way I can eat my favorite part of the meal last. My closet is organized from left to right. Work out shirts, work out pants, blouses, t-shirts, pants, jeans and then Chris's stuff is over there in the corner. What makes this worse is that each item is lowest size to the left to highest size. Hey, that will make it easy to throw out stuff when it gets too big ;) Oh and my pantry looks like it came out of the movie Sleeping with the Enemy. Except I'm not all psycho.... honest!
Now here are my nominations for Very Inspiring Blogger:
1. Basically Run!
2. Rediscovering Michelle
3. Fluffy Cupcake Hippie
4. Kicking Kilos
5. Musings of a Broad
6. Running on Candy... Fueled by Sugar, Rainbows and Glitter
7. The Jogging Jawa
8. Transforming with Bariatric Surgery
9. My Altered Perception
10. For Me, With a Little Help From
11. Healthy Fit Jenn
12. Presently Obsessed
13. Just Being Dina
14. Drawn To Scale
15. Does this scale make me look fat?
Some of these blogs I've been following for a few months now and some just recently but I love every single one of them! You are all so inspiring! You guys make me want to continue this path and keep on being successful. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!