Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Playing catch up from last week and a new month

Good morning everyone!

Slow and steady once again with the scale.  Hopefully that means maybe I'll see a whoosh next week. Only down .4 of a pound this week but hey, it's still a loss, I suppose.  Can't complain too much about it.  That puts me at a solid 3 pounds away from ONEderland.  (and that reminds me that I need to revise my goal a bit since I didn't quite hit the mark before my physical).

I haven't been around the blogosphere much this week and honestly I haven't been exercising much either.  I think I went last Thursday, skipped Friday, weeded my mom's flowerbed for about 2 hours Saturday and haven't done anything much since then.  I have no excuse either on the exercise front.  Just feeling lazy I suppose.  My elbow has been causing a great deal of pain.  But the good news is that I did go see the doctor on Monday.  She gave me a steroid shot and some pain meds.  My initial plan was to do maybe just some walking on Monday after the appointment but once I started taking the meds, I got really nauseous.  That is an unusual reaction for me as I have taken them before and never had a problem.  Maybe its because I'm getting older, who knows.  Needless to say, I've spent the better part of the last 2 days half relaxing and half slumbering on the couch.  I'm back at work today and decided not to take any more of the pain meds.  I already feel loads better and the elbow pain is mostly gone.  I still feel twinges every now and again.  I'm still also wearing the brace and the doc wanted me to lay off picking anything up for at least a week.

And since I've been a slug on the exercise front, I've decided that I will publicly plan on exercising at least 1800 minutes this month.  Having that goal usually works well for me and since it's relatively easy to track, I just needed to put it in writing.   I'll update througout the month as I blog and we will see how I do come the 31st!

Who else is excited to go see Iron Man 3 this weekend?  I'm so excited that summer movies are here! 



***********************
Ok so I've decided to make this an offical(ish) challenge.  Send me a facebook message or an email if you are interested in the exercise minute challenge of what you plan to exercise this month.  Send updates each Wednesday and then the final one will be on May 31st.  Hopefully this is just something that will get us all moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment