Friday, May 17, 2013

Running (or lack thereof)

I just posted a comment about this on my friend's Basically Run! blog.  And I've been tossing and turning about this for a while now.  I HATE to run.  No, not really, I think what I mean is that I hate trying to motivate myself to run.  I love how I feel during and after but that inital step out the door is the hardest.  I always get distracted (It's too hot out, too boring, etc...) and then get on the elliptical or walk or something/anything except running.  I've come to the conclusion that I really cannot rely on myself to stick with a running schedule unless I am following a structured plan. 

So.... I'm going to restart the C25K program and then move on to B210K I think. 

I may not start at Week 1, because I have actually been running, albiet not consistantly.  I'll just see how it goes that first day and what I feel like I can handle.

Back when I first started the C25K program, I didn't "think" about it.  I just went out and did it.  I really believe that I need to get back to that.

So very true...
So, I'll be restarting tomorrow morning before we leave to visit friends.  (I'll probably need the extra calories burned anyway).  My plan is to do this and at least 30 minutes on the elliptical tomorrow morning.

9 comments:

  1. I wish I could run. Walking is a big issue. I see you have lost 43 lbs, way to go. Are you doing a special diet or just moving more and eating less?
    Found you at SGB group.
    Dawn
    Spatulas On parade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Really just trying to stay under 1450 calories per day and making sure I do at least some form of exercise at least 4 times per week. Sometimes I do a bit more, sometimes I don't. But my main rule is to never go more than 2 days in a row without some type of exercise! I've been doing this since November and just hit my 6 month mark. Slow and steady I suppose!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see that SGBC is in the house-- I just started the C25K this week-- I love to run but I just wanted something to work for and maybe just maybe -- I might sign up for my first 5k this summer. Let's motivate each other!

    Chene-founder of SGBC
    personal blog www.prototypemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see that SGBC is in the house. I just started the C25K earlier this week-- I love to run but I just wanted something to keep me on track and maybe just maybe-- I might sign up for a 5k this summer-- glad to see you back on the track and we can keep each other motivated :)

    Chene-Founder of SGBC
    Personal Blog www.prototypemama.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that is awesome! Great job on starting it! I love the program and it really works! I finished back in January but since I finished, my running has been sporatic at best. Keep me posted on how you are doing with it!

      Delete
  4. I'm about to re-start the C25K as well. It's about the only way I think I'll get out the door. Do you use dailymile.com? If yes, let's be buddies and hold each accountable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally use endomondo since it syncs directly with My Fitness Pal, but I'll give it a chance! Just created my account. I think my username is geauxgirl. If not look for Desiree Marshall. :)

      Delete
  5. I put off running for much too long since I hurt my calf. I was DREADING it today. I promised myself that I'd only do 5 min jogs and some walk breaks, but I enjoyed it so much that I didn't realize the workout was over until the treadmill slowed down into cool down mode. You could probably start from Week 4 or 5 of C25K with no problems. Also, I've found training apps for 10Ks that have you do a run/walk kind of thing. You can get back into it. It's hard after a break, but it will be worth it!! You may be surprised that you didn't lose as much conditioning as you thought. :)

    Thanks for the plug for my blog too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I did end up doing W1D1 yesterday but I think on Tuesday, I'll bump it up to W2D1 and then just sorta go from there.

      You are very welcome :)

      Delete