Thursday, June 20, 2013

Go big or go home

I'm back at it!  Back to committing to 100% with logging and exercise.  I had a little break this past week but I'm ready to get back to it.

After 3 months of not really seeing the scale move, I am firmly in ONEderland this week.  My reward was supposed to be me coloring my hair some shade of purple.  (Subtly, mind you.. I am almost 40 and work in State Government so I can't quite go as crazy with it as I would like to.)   But due to, well, everything breaking in my house in some form or another, that may have to wait a few weeks.  So I'm thinking maybe streaks in the lavender shade.  My hair color is mousy brown so maybe that won't be too overwhelming.

I've gotten a few compliments lately and that is seriously helping with my motivation.  A few family members I saw recently at a funeral that I haven't seen in a while were very surprised and complimented me.  And my parents have been spreading the word to their friends about my weight loss so far.  That has really bolstered my confidence and I must keep at it. But I did start feeling myself slip back in to old habits last week.  I convinced myself that because our fridge was broken and we were eating out every single meal that I wasn't going to log all that.  And then since we didn't have any refrigerated beverages (milk, juice) around, Chris filled up the ice chests with Cokes and Beer.  I was so tempted.  I did give in to the beer (it was my favorite.. Kronenbourg...couldn't resist one here and there) but I refuse to give in with the soda even though there were at least 2 occasions that I came awfully close.  I know how I am.  If I had one soda, it will be my downfall.  A beer I can easily stop at one but not with soda.

So the loss of the fridge really hurt me I think.  But in some form or another it taught me a lesson.  That even in dire circumstances (eating out constantly..) I can have a treat meal here or there, but I have to be mindful of each and every bite.  On those times that I know we are going to be having a treat or even a drink, I need to make sure I counter that with exercise.  And for the love of all that is holy, I Must. Log. Everything.

The first part of my staycation has been pretty nice so far but now that work part is coming into play.  Chris went back to work today so I still have today and tomorrow and then the weekend.  My plan of attack is this: 
And Chris's dice bag for DnD that I bought him.  Looks better than the ole Crown Royal bag, dontcha think?
I can already cross the run part off my list and I'm pretty proud to say that for the first time in about 2 months, I ran a mile straight with no walk breaks.  I did take a 2 min break after I hit the mile but then ran the rest of the way home.  It felt really really good to do that.  It's been a while and even though it's so bloody hot down here, I felt marvelous.  I really need to figure out how to get my lazy butt out of bed around 4:30 during the work week to get those runs in before work.   I'll have to think on that.
Holy crap on a cracker! I just realized that I PR'ed my one mile time too!


And last but not least, here's a pic of me on Saturday before we went to see Man of Steel.  (It was awesome btw, LOVED IT!  So much so that I've seen it twice now!)
Chris doesn't always look this grumpy.. just when taking pictures.  I promise!  Although I could have killed him for wearing his Batman t-shirt to see Man of Steel!

June Exercise Update -  721/1500 

Probably not going to hit my goal, but I'm going to hopefully kick butt this next week to get as close to that end number as I can.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on hitting One-derland!! Great accomplishment...you should be so proud of yourself!! I am the same as you....pop is my downfall (specifically coke).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, that's the one thing that I absolutely cannot concede on. I feel like if I give into that all the bad habits will come flooding back.

      Delete
  2. You did awesome under the circumstances. I am so happy to hear you are firmly planted in ONEderland now!! That's best news yet! And I love the chain-mail bag btw :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I know it could have been much worse, but trust me I am SOOOO relieved that we have a new fridge and are back to normal with planning our meals out.

      Delete
  3. Aww I think this is one of my favorite posts of yours yet!! So excited for you, you are doing awesome!! I bet you are getting compliments, your progress is SO obvious! Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much, sweetie! It means a lot! :D

      Delete