Monday, June 3, 2013

June Goals

June is here and in south Louisiana that means it's about to get HOT and stay that way at least until November.  So I'm really going to have to start making a huge effort to get my runs done in the morning before work.  That means the alarm goes off at 4:30am and I'm dreading it already.  :(   I am usually an early bird but here lately, I've been really craving sleep it seems.  It's either that, or go after work to the indoor gym at the YMCA.  But I really don't like doing that option, since the GPS on my phone can't connect so I'm just having to run without knowing how my pace is going, etc.  I can still time it, but I always tend to obsess about the clock when I run in the gym. 

I had a pretty good weekend though.  This was the first weekend in a while that we have not had any obligations and it was WONDERFUL, let me tell you!   Friday, after work, we hit up Sam's and Target and got all the grocery shopping done.  Once we did that, we weren't sure what we were going to do other than possibly play Borderlands 2 on the Playstation or just watch a movie or something.  We ended up browsing through Netflix and came across the show, The Killing.  I had heard some good stuff about it and Chris said we could give the pilot a try.  After that one episode, we were hooked.  We watched the entire first season and are halfway through the second as of today!   In between watching breaks, I did manage to get a run in Saturday morning and also a little elliptical time in.  I sweated out a few gallons I think but it felt good to get that in.  All in all, it was a good way to start the month.



Speaking of June, I've decided that I'm going to shoot for 1500 exercise minutes this month.  In addition, and even though I just started this today, I'm going to see if I can do crunches and squats every day for the rest of the month.  I started out this morning and did 50 of each, so I think I will space out the first 3 days of the month and try to "technically" do those days as well. 

Also, I think I'm going to step out of my comfort zone once again and try something different.  Something that honestly, I'm very nervous about.  Back in my youth, I loved to swim.  I craved it and if I could spend 24/7 in a pool, I would be the happiest kid on the block.  Sadly, this body hasn't seen a swimsuit in, oh about 5 years.  So the first challenge, will be finding something that works swimsuit-wise.  I think I have one but need to try to find it.  So at some point this month, I will go swimming!

So breaking down my June goals:
  • 1500 exercise minutes
  • Go swimming
  • Daily crunches and squats
I'll report back from time to time and let you all know how it goes!

June is the month that I WILL hit ONEderland.  Trust me, no one is more sick of being stuck between 200-203 for the last 5 weeks.  It's been torture!  I'm ready to bust through this!

What are your goals for June?

8 comments:

  1. Yes you will hit ONEderland. That's an order :). I hear you about the heat though and I'm dreading it. That and mosquitoes! I swear I think they starve themselves so they can feast one me :(. I'm glad you guys had an awesome weekend and The Killing is a great show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh Mosquitoes! I don't even want to think about them! There is a reason that I dread the summer (other than the heat!)

      Delete
  2. Great goals! Onederland will happen this month because I was born this month and all good things happen in June. ;) My goal is to increase my muscle flexibility by working out with the foam roller twice a week and avoiding injury. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, that must be why I'll hit ONEderland! I just know it! ;) At this point, if it helps, I'll gladly take it! So very tired of seeing the same numbers on the scale!
      Good idea on that foam roller. I've heard good things about them! I really hope that helps you!

      Delete
  3. I have only been to NoLa once and in February and it was hot then , I don't know how you do it!! My goals for June are to get back to yoga and after my horrible half marathon this past weekend get myself into a training program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great goals! Yoga is something I feel like I need to get into eventually too. Hoping to lose a bit more weight first though.

      Delete
  4. I hadn't really thought about any June goals, past my 5 mile event. I think I want to do the squat challenge...start with 50 a day, then add 5 squats each day. I know I need it. I love your dedication. Thank you for sharing it with us! Avoid the sodium, so you can avoid the water retention...especially in the heat! Tons of water! You can break through that barrier to ONEderland! I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, sodium is a killer for me. Each time I indulge I'm usually up 3-4# just from all the retention! Hate that especially because I love me some Chinese food. Ah well, moderation really is the key I suppose.
      Great job and keep me posted on how you are doing with the squat challenge!

      Delete