Thursday, July 25, 2013

B210K, Banana Bread Protein Smoothie and upcoming race(s)

Good morning guys! 

Chris gave me the go ahead to start thinking and planning a Disney trip next year, so I immedately thought to myself, "Self, now just what Disney Race would you love to run as your first runDisney event..."  Chris said as long as the parks weren't hot or crowded.  So now I'm just trying to decide what I want to do.  My inital thought was a 5K but then I thought, why not think a bit bigger.  I've been toying with the idea of doing the Bridge to 10K program anyway but my time is still not the best when it comes to 5K's.  But then again, I'm thinking time will improve when more weight starts falling off.  At least I hope.  I really don't want to be doing 15 minute miles forever.   </shrug> 

I've been running 5K's about twice a week now for about a month and my times are still lingering around the 45-46 minute mark.  From the looks of this chart, they think you can run a 10K in 60 minutes?  Uh, yeah, I don't see that happening for me.


So despite all that, I wasn't sure if I wanted to use this program or not.  I finally threw caution to the wind and paid my $1.99 for the B210K Pro app. 

I ran it this morning and it wasn't a terrible run.  I will say this, I'm not sure how I'm going to like going back and doing intervals again.  Even since the walk "breaks" are only 1 minute each, I'm worried about it throwing my momentum off.


I did try a new protein shake out this morning too.  I'm still on the fence about it but it was good.  It may just need a bit of tweaking.  I keyed everything into My Fitness Pal and it said that it is only 184 calories.

Here it is if you are interested!

Banana Bread Protein Smoothie
1 cup Almond Milk (unsweetened)
1 scoop Designer Whey French Vanilla Protein Powder
1 small banana
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp Torani French Vanilla Sugar Free Syrup
6 ice cubes

Sorry I didn't take a pic of it.  Was running late this morning!

Oh!  I've finally come up with a name for my "new" elliptical at the gym.  I christen thee... Jerome!

He's no Seymour.  And his "Book holders" cover the closed captioning on my cell phone.  Hrmph.


And finally I'm going to sign up for the Baton Rouge ZooZoom 5K next month!  I'm pretty excited about this one.  It should be a lot of fun to run around the zoo!  I'm also toying with an Oktoberfest run later on in the year.

Oh editing this to add!.....

I forgot to mention!  I passed my July Exercise goal this morning!  1562/1500

5 comments:

  1. wow thts great.
    I have been at a zero workout zone this July.
    Way to go Desire.
    I wish you good luck if you do decide in favour of the 10K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you can get back in the swing of things! I believe in you!

      Delete
  2. Girl you are becoming a workout machine yourself. In no time we'll have to search for you you'll be so small. Way to go!! Congrats on passing your goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I wish! I think I spend every waking hour wishing that I was smarter when I was in my 20s!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your goal. I need to get more serious and I will when kids go to school in the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete