Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fitbit Flex

I've been wanting to post about my new Fitbit Flex.  These are my personal opinions based on one week of having this device. 


I have been gushing over this thing for about a week now but I can't help it!   This has really helped me kick it into gear and even on the days that I normally don't do any form of exercise, I have gotten out and done something.  I don't want to break my streak and I'm constantly wanting to move around until I hit my 10,000 steps.

After you get the Flex, there is a small dongle that you can plug into the USB port of your computer.  It should be the main one that you use and each time you are within a few yards of that, it will automatically sync with the Flex.  The flex can also automatically sync via bluetooth to any smartphone.  There is also a free App for the fitbit that you can check your stats if you aren't near your main computer.

This is the insert that goes into the wristband.  We charged it up via USB, and the instructions say that it should hold a charge for about 5 days.


This is the dashboard.  This is how you can quickly glimpse all the information.


You can click on each section and it gives you more detailed information and statistics.


So far I'm really impressed with this!  It was around $100 and as far as I'm concerned, it was a great investment!

11 comments:

  1. I really want to try this out. I know it's a fancy pedometer, but you are right, seeing that number would make me want to make sure I hit my steps goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's definitely worth it as far as I'm concerned. I just hope it lasts for all the constant wear! I'd LOVE to see how many miles going to a theme park would put on it!

      Delete
  2. I really wanted to get one of those for our trip to San Francisco. I still kind of regret it because we did WAY more walking and stair-climbing than I thought we would. I'd love to know how many steps I took and how many calories I burned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it was a ton! Plus all those hills there too! How was your trip? Did you guys have a nice time?

      Delete
  3. My oldest son has something similar that syncs with his iPhone. It is spiffy.
    Maybe I'll ask for one for a stocking stuffer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or suggest it for a Christmas in July gift ;)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your review, I've been going back and forth on getting the Flex. I've put it in my Amazon shopping cart about 20 times and then not closed the deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of money at once, especially for a glorified pedometer!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad that you posted this, and it's a real review, from a real person, not some person that's going to talk about the tech (the part I don't really care about). I'm glad to know it works! I'm just curious, how does it know you are sleeping?

    ReplyDelete