Saturday, July 6, 2013

Good week

Happy Saturday morning everyone!

I'm still riding this motivation high at the moment! This has been a really good week for me so I'm halfway waiting for the other shoe to drop at some point, sad to say.  Motivation comes in waves for me and along with the good eventually comes the bad.  But for now, I'm going to just enjoy it. 

Tuesday, I took a rest day because I went and had this done...







I had promised myself a long time ago that if I ever hit ONEderland that I would go drastic and color my hair purple.  So I did it! I couldn't be happier with the results.  I love my purple and Chris even gave me the biggest compliment and said I should totally keep the purple in.  I'm not sure about that but maybe!  For now, I am loving it!


Chris also gave me an early birthday present on Tuesday.  Since I never really can give him any suggestions about what I want, I actually had an idea this time so he went out and got me a Fitbit Flex. 


This is my own opinion but I freaking love this thing.  This is basically a pedometer/activity monitor but it's really perfect for my OCD tendencies and making me want to hit my daily goals.






Wednesday's Weigh In basically had me at the holding steady point for the 3rd week.  I'm really hoping for a whoosh next week.

Thursday, I got up bright and early to head to mom and dad's to help them finish their yard work.  It took about 6 hours, but we got it all done and the yard looks great!  Between what Fitbit said and MFP, I burned around 1200 calories!  We also grilled some Spiedies (marinated chicken) and enjoyed hanging out with the family.  Then Chris and I went home and crashed.

Since Chris had to work the next day, I decided that I would go to the lakes just to see how far I could go.  My pace was very slow since I didn't quite get up as early as I would have hoped to avoid some of the heat but all in all, I'd say it was a successful run!  I actually PR'ed!  Even with stopping to snap a few pictures and a brief water break. 

This was also the first time I ran a complete 5K since March!


So my game plan for today is to get 45 minutes in on the elliptical and then shower and meet mom and dad to go see the Lone Ranger.  And then the rest of the weekend will be me relaxing hopefully!  We are trying to get caught up on Breaking Bad so hoping to finish the 4th season this weekend as well. 

The Fitbit is definitely going to make me want to get my steps in even on my rest days.  That can't be all bad, right?!


How was everyone's 4th of July?
__________________

July Exercise Challenge - 205/1500

21 comments:

  1. Your hair looks awesome and you're doing a wonderful job on your fitness journey!

    SGBC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing an awesome job on your journey and your hair looks great!

    SGBC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purple hair. Congrats on hitting your goal so you could treat yourself. Happy early birthday! I'm starting to really want a FitBit. Maybe I should plant the bug to my Mister since I have a birthday next month.

    Keep up the good work! Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving mine! It's got me moving on my rest day (today!)

      Delete
  4. Proud of you! Don't worry about the "other shoe" dropping - you have control over BOTH those shoes! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And true I suppose, even if it isn't there, I will just keep plugging along!

      Delete
  5. Wow- you DID have a great week! Love the hair and the weight successes- the Fitbit sounds like it's really going to help! Saw you on Southern Girl Blog Group! :)

    Love, Joy
    Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yea, I can pretty much tell that the Fitbit is going to be a great addition for me. I usually take Sunday as a rest day, but I worked pretty hard to get my steps in!

      Delete
  6. I love your hair! And purple is my favorite color. :)
    Congrats on your weight and goals. Go girl!! You are an inspiration. I truly mean that. I have also been looking into something like the fitbit and wondered if it was worth the money.My son has one that works with his iPhone and clips to his belt. It is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! It's my favorite color too. I'm really happy with it even though the color has faded a little since that picture was taken.

      IMO, totally worth it! It's fairly simple to use too. I love the sleep tracker. That is really fascinating to me. The only thing I'd say is a negative is that when you are on the elliptical, I don't think it can calculate the steps correctly. But really that's not a huge deal.

      Delete
  7. Great hair. Keep on keeping on. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the purple hair. I want to work of fitness, and you are a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm a work in progress as of late! ;)

      Delete
  9. You look so great with purple hair! And congratulations on completing your weight lost goals and happy birthday! lol

    Don't worry about the other shoe thing As log you right your goals down in a place you can see it, you'll always have motivation to keep going. Have a great day !
    SGBC <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from SGBC. I want to hear more about this Fitbit thing. I agree with you that it sounds like a fancy pedometer but it might really help me hit my goals since it is not cheap and connects to apps/friends/etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm actually planning on writing a good bit more about it and may even do a whole post dedicated to it, so stay tuned!!!

      Delete
  11. I've been wanting to try one of those bracelet things out! They look so cool - it's definitely intrigued my curiosity. Stopping by from SGBC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten! I'm loving the Fitbit so far!

      Delete