Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Update

July is coming to a close and August is knocking at the door.  The scale may have not been as kind as I had hoped, but I have really kicked things up a notch on the exercise front.  I think that can be directly attributed to the Fitbit and the fact that I'm back to running 3 times a week.

Weight wise I'm only down 2.8 for the month.  My Wednesday Weigh Ins are listed here .  But considering I went on vacation and it was my birthday this month, I'm not too overall unhappy about that.  It's still a loss, I suppose!   I'm not sure why it seems but ever since I hit 40# lost, the weight has really been a struggle for each and every pound.  As of now, I'm 1.4 away from 50# total and I sure hope that once I hit that, the weight will start falling off regularly again.  Why does it seem that the first few months the pounds just melt off and then it's like you hit a brick wall or something.

July's exercise


As compared to June's...





My steps have been fairly consistent.  I think only twice since I've had the Fitbit Flex did I not do at least 10,000 steps in this month.



I do have one 5K I'm planning on running this coming month and it is the Baton Rouge Zoo Zoom 5K on August 24th!  I'm really looking forward to it too.  It should be a lot of fun.  There are also several more coming up in the next few months that I'm trying to decide if I want to do or not.  I'd love to run something on Thanksgiving morning (we have a Turkey Trot 5K) but it starts around 7:30 and it's in downtown Baton Rouge.  Thanksgiving is always pretty busy and I usually get up fairly early to go to my moms and help them start cooking.  So, anything that I do on that day for sure, I'll have to just run on my own.  There is also a Zombie run in October, an Oktoberfest run, and a Jingle Bell 5K that I'm thinking of running.

Anyway, that thought kinda got away from me a bit.  But back to the Zoo Zoom, I'm going to set a goal to run it in under 42 minutes. 

So my August goals are:
  • Run the Zoo Zoom in under 42 minutes
  • Run at least 3x per week and work on time and distance
  • Continue exercising (walking/elliptical/running) at least 5x per week 
  • Strength train at least 2x per week
I'm also thinking of picking up a tennis racket again soon.  I may look into some intermediate tennis lessons if I can find any close by.  The problem with tennis is that no one in my family likes to play.  Bummer, because I really enjoy it.  So I may *gulp* put myself out there and see if I can find a tennis buddy somewhere along the way.

And since I haven't mentioned anything nerdy in this post, I just thought I'd share that I watched my all time favorite Doctor Who episode while on the elliptical last night.   :)



July Exercise Minutes - 1856/1500 **I do hope to squeeze in a little more elliptical and weights tonight so that will be adjusted.  Still, I blew through my monthly goal this time around.  First time ever!!!

Did you reach your fitness goals this month?  What are your plans for August?

14 comments:

  1. Ooh! Desiree! I love your new blog photo of the changes! That's so amazing! I'm really proud of you! You are so inspiring! Keep it up girl! I put my FitBit back on today, and am getting back to it! Lots more weight lifting for me too!
    Dina
    justbeingdina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Glad you are getting back to it! I know you can do it! You can add me on fitbit if you want too. My profile is http://www.fitbit.com/user/26NHL6

      Delete
  2. Great job! Love your specific goals and accountability!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a list maker so it just comes with the territory LOL

      Delete
  3. You are doing so fantastic! I love the new photos. I have GOT to get a fitbit. Seems it is really working for you and I need some help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you get it and how you like it!

      Delete
  4. You've had a great month, congrats! The BR Zoo Zoom sounds like a lot of fun! I'll be leaving that weekend for Cali, otherwise I considered running it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I think I'd rather be running the Dumbo too! I hope you have a wonderful time! I can't wait to read all about it!

      Delete
  5. I really need to get back into a routine! Good luck on reaching your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still drooling over all your comic con experiences! How fun!

      Delete
  6. Desiree!! I just got a quick chance to look at your blog, and I've totally been here before through Runs for Cookies and just didn't connect that you were the one posting on my blog! YAY NERD GIRLS! I am so going to be following your blog--(I would have anyway, but now that I've had the lightbulb connection moment, I'm super uber going to follow!) Hope you have a great Tuesday :)
    --Kelly from inittoloseit13.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kelly! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a wonderful day as well!

      Delete