Monday, July 1, 2013

June exercise results and a weekend update

Morning everyone!

Thought I'd pop in and give my update for my June Exercise challenge.  I ended up the month with 1227/1500.  All and all, not too shabby but not quite where I wanted it to be.  So I think for July's challenge, I will keep the same # of minutes. 

I basically stuck to my game plan all last week with the exception of Saturday's exercise. 

Friday, I went bowling after work then Chris and I went out to eat and then to a movie, like we normally do.  We had a nice night and saw The Heat!  It was very funny.  Glad we picked that one.   We also quickly took a pic of Dev working it in the concession stand. 


And try not to look so degraded! 


My orginal plan for Saturday was to go to the lakes for a run/walk.  But I had forgotten that I promised to help my mom clean out her flowerbeds.  So I got up bright and early to head over and do that.  Mom will likely kill me for posting these, so if she's sees this... SORRY MOMMY!! :)


Before

During

After
Needless to say, this took about 3 hours to get that far and I didn't finish.  So I'll be heading back out there later on this week to try to do the rest.  MyFitnessPal said the 2 hours and 45 minutes of "Gardening, general" burned about 920 calories.  I'm not sure how accurate that was but judging from my sweating, I'd say it was close enough!

Sunday, was rest day and play catch up on laundry.  We also played around a bit with the new dlc from Borderlands 2 and then of course, Dexter came back on last night!  Loved it!

I also made a run to Target and look what I found!  My new water cup!


I did have a nice NSV this morning to share.  I was determined to run 2 miles without walking and I did!  This is the longest run I've had without a walk break in about 3 months time.  It felt great!  So glad I managed to get up and get it done early too.  Mondays are always hard for me to get the exercise in and here lately mornings in general have been tough. 

I ran 36 minutes straight.  I may do this again later on this week and try a solid 5K next week.  The heat has been so bad here lately that it is next to impossible to do it in the afternoons.  We've hit around 92º-95º pretty much every day last week and the humidity is up there too.  
 Did you guys have a good weekend?  What did you do?  Do you have any big plans for the 4th of July for those of us in the States?

6 comments:

  1. Any movement and activity is better than none at all. I think it's great that you are working hard and sharing with everyone.
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd really like to hit my exercise minute goal this month. I think trying to do hit that goal also helps keep me motivated!

      Delete
  2. I agree, the heat is sometimes what keeps me from wanting to run. I really want to find a nice indoor track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, those are nice and my gym has one, but the problem is that the gps on my phone doesn't come through very well in there. I track my runs through Endomondo app and I hate having to mentally try to figure it out. BUT, that being said, it's still an option that I have if I do miss a morning run!

      Delete
  3. I opted to work in the yard this weekend instead of workout and let me tell ya-- it was a beast! The best workout I've done all week ;) I'm sure you sweating off tons of calories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I was actually pretty sore in my quads on Sunday too! I guess doing the equivalent of a squat while yanking roots, may help my posterier! LOL

      Delete