Sunday, July 14, 2013

NSV's

The scale hasn't really been my bff lately, but that is ok!  At least that is what I keep telling myself.  I think I'm really going to try to hide the scale from myself this week and only weigh on my normal day (Wednesday).  Next week should be easy to not to step on the scale unless Aunt Renva has one in plain sight somewhere at her house.  

Despite the numbers not moving, I still have a couple of non-scale victories to celebrate.

NSV #1 - Size 16!!!
My mom, aunt, daughter and I went clothes shopping yesterday and had a great time.  One of the rare instances where I've actually uttered those words about clothes shopping.  I'm not a normal girl like that.  I usually loathe shopping especially for myself.  I'm a grab and go sort.  If I don't see anything that I like then I just move on.  On a whim I picked up a pair of size 16 women's jeans yesterday not thinking that I would fit in them.  They did!  And zipped!  Granted there was a muffin top going on but, I went ahead and bought them since they weren't too terribly uncomfortable.  I'll post pics later of a few of the things I got.  I'm all sweaty and gross and don't really feel like modeling them just yet.  ;)

NSV #2 - 5K Personal Record!!!


Shaved 2 minutes off my last 5K time!

Pace got slower as I went along!
NSV #3 - Consecutive exercising in July! 



With the exception of July 2nd, I've done at least something every single day!  I can honestly attribute this to the new Fitbit!

Oh mom and I also signed up for a squat challenge hosted by our local YMCA.  Hopefully my butt will thank my by the end of the challenge. 



And last but not least in Desiree' related news, my mom bought me a new pair of running shoes for my birthday!  I went and picked them out yesterday and gave them a whirl this morning.  Amazing how fast those shoes wear down when you pound the pavement so much.  I put on one of the new ones yesterday and one of the older pair that I got in December.  It was quite telling how different the soles felt. 


July exercise challenge - 888/1500

31 comments:

  1. Oh that is so awesome! Love all the nsv's. You are doing great and I'm very proud of you. Love the new shoes too :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new running shoes! I hope to someday become a runner! You inspire me! I too am doing a squat challenge of sorts. Each day I'm adding 10 reps to this exercise: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201307/exercise-torches-belly-fat
    I started a few days ago, and I'm feeling the burn! I love it. I've also been doing some overhead presses with a 50 lb bar. I'm down 39 pounds overall! Going strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squats are my evil nemisis! I hate them but you KNOW you are doing something when you do them!

      You are so close to the 40 pound mark! Keep on going! You got this!!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you're doing awesome! This is my first time visiting, how long have you been on your weight loss journey?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nichole! I started this on November 7th! 46 pounds down so far!

      Delete
  4. Keep up the good work. I love the new shoes and I bet they inspire you to run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are great! I ran in them yesterday and walked this morning!

      Delete
  5. Girl, you are rocking it in July keep up the great work! Congrats on the new PR. And I really like the new shoes; that vibrant blue is a great color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I'm pretty psyched about them so far! They are so comfy!

      Yep, ready and hoping to break alot more PR's in them! :D

      Delete
  6. Keep up the great work. I think when the kids start school next month after I drop them off in the mornings I am going to go to the track and start off slowly walking then running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG The Squat Challenge! It will change your life. Congrats on being so active.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the victories, and I love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go. Love the shoes. My oldest son has the fitbit and he loves it. He has dropped over 50 lbs since using his. Less than a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Great job to him! That's fantastic!

      Delete
  10. Great job, girl! Way to go with your new fabulous jeans and 5K PR! Your new shoes are super cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job! It's all about the small victories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful NSVS!!!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing NSVs this week! Honestly that is so great that you are fitting into a smaller size - such a great feeling! Oh and a new personal best?! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are doing amazing! Those shoes are cute, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WAHOO!! Your NSV's are AMAZING!! I love love love those shoes, they are super cute and it is amazing what new shoes can do for you! Great job on the smaller size! UMM I also have no words for exercising every day but one in July! That is unreal!! Keep it up lady, you are doing so awesome and thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete