Sunday, July 28, 2013

Saturday update and Peach Cobbler Protein Shake review

Yesterday started off really lovely when I woke up to a thunderstorm.  I had a fairly busy day planned so I really wanted to get my next B210K in before getting into the whole omg-company-coming-over-so-I-need-to-frantically-clean-all-the-things!!  After I got up and did my normal bathroom routine and started the coffee pot.  I peeped out the window and the rain had slowed to a slight drizzle.  So I thought, that it was now or never and I got my shoes on and headed out the door.


Once I got outside, and I wasn't sure when I would get hit with a downpour, I decided just to forgo the B210K plan today and instead just run straight through.  I'm not sure if mile 1 is always just a mental thing for me but it is always my worst mile, even though its my best time.  I'm constantly thinking that this is really hard and I would rather walk it.  But like magic, each time I hear the mile 1 indicator, I've usually found my stride and it gets much easier from there.

My normal plan was to just run 3, but then I thought I would see how 4 miles would feel.  I felt pretty ok once I hit the 3 mile mark so I would give it a go.  I did it.  My official longest run ever was in the books!

Now granted, it was slow going.  I'm not used to running in the rain and I wasn't sure of my footing.  Plus there is a lot of construction in my neighborhood and they are making a mess on the streets (mud, slivers of wood, nails, etc.)

I got back home and decided to celebrate with trying a new Protein Shake recipe out.  It turned out pretty good!  It's not my absolute favorite, but I will definitely put this one in the rotation!


Here is the recipe in case you are interested.

Peach Cobbler Protein Shake
1 scoop French Vanilla Protein Powder
1 cup Almond Milk
1/2 cup Frozen Peaches
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
10 ice cubes

The rest of my morning was cleaning and getting ready for company to come and visit.  We had a rousing adventure playing Dungeons and Dragons.  Lots of fun was had!





And I think Oz, decided to get in the spirit of exercise recently.  But I don't think he's doing it right!


July Exercise Challenge - 1697/1500

10 comments:

  1. Miles 1 & 2 are always by far the biggest problem for me too...I constantly just want to stop, if I am in a 5k I am saying I will never do that again, how can I cheat, ect......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just proves even more that it is 100% mental most of the time, at least for me.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I totally know that feeling with the first few miles. Every half marathon training cycle I've run, it'll take me at least until mile 2 to feel normal! If you understand that it's just something you have to get past, you'll be fine. Congrats on your longest run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl! Way to get out there and run despite the rain. I know what you mean about the first mile...it's always my worst, too! Your protein shake sounds delicious! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I knew I needed to knock it out so just went and did it!

      Delete
  4. you are doing extremely well, dear! I can see you at your goal weight soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I still have quite a ways to go though and the scale really hasn't been behaving even though I'm still losing here and there!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your longest run! Negative thinking always has gotten the best of me with running, even when I ran cross-country in high school! What app are you using to track your running? You may have mentioned it, sorry if I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, the mental part is always the worst hurdle to overcome, isn't it?

      I use endomondo. Its pretty great at tracking everything!

      Delete