Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Woeful Wednesday

Ugh, .6 up this week and back at 199.  But, I am fairly sure that I can attribute that to TOM.  It's still just so frustrating seeing the same numbers on the scale day in and day out.  Chris suggested that maybe I go speak with a nutritionist just to see if we can figure out what to do to get the scale moving again.  I'm not sure, but it may be worth a try.  We rarely eat out or eat any fast food for that matter and the biggest problem with our food is that I can't really deviate from what my normal eating patterns are due to the fact that I am on coumadin.  That basically means, I can't go out and eat salads all week.  I've just really been trying to be mindful of what I eat and do so in moderation.  I've also been tracking everything since November in MFP so I know exactly how many calories I consume.  <shrug>  Who knows....

But, I will say this. Since getting the fitbit I have been OBSESSED with hitting my step goal each day!  So even on my designated "rest days" I've still been getting out there and doing something. 






Mom met up with me yesterday and we went to the gym.  It was the first time I went back since they got new machines.  They each a nice little bow on them. 

Sorry for the blurry shot, didn't want people to think I was taking their pic - lol
I will have to think of a new name for the elliptical once I figure out which one will be my favorite.  The one I was on yesterday felt a bit wobbly, so I'll need to test out a few more until I find "The One".

I managed 65 minutes on the one I was on yesterday.   I like that you can adjust the time to bigger chunks now instead of having to break it down into 30 minute increments.

The new machine and I watched the Doctor Who episode, "The Lazarus Experiment" together.




Oh!  We made a spur-of-the-moment decision yesterday!  We are going to go to Florida next week on a quickie vacation.  We will be staying with my aunt and uncle in Brooksville, Fl and I'm so very excited!  They have a beautiful house and gorgeous property so I'm really looking forward to just relaxing for a bit.  It will be me, Chris and my parents.   It will be so tough being that close to Disney and not being able to go but we will see.  Maybe we can swing something!    So the countdown starts and I need to see if I can work on a game plan for exercise while I'm there.   

July Exercise Minutes - 506/1500

8 comments:

  1. Having grown up with a Weight Watchers leader, I think sometimes we just go through a time when our body doesn't want to lose. After a while, it just starts back up, but it could be something else. A trip to a nutritionist isn't a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm just going to keep plugging away. The scale will hopefully start behaving again soon!

      Delete
  2. HOORAY FLORIDA! I am from Tampa which is near Brooksville. If you need any ideas on what to do, I have a million! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd LOVE some! I'm going to be stuck at the mercy of family and their vehicles, but if you know of some things to do, I'd love to have some suggestions. I did google and see that the nearest YMCA is in Spring Hill. It doesn't look to be too terribly far away. I also have family in the Largo/St. Pete area but they may trek up to Brooksville to see us instead of us going to them!

      Delete
  3. My family and I are going to be in Florida too next week! We're doing Disney and I'm hoping to wake up and get workouts done before the parks open. Here's hoping :). Hope you have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! We might try to see if we can go one day to the parks but I'm not sure when or if it will even be possible! Good job on getting that workout in though!

      Delete
  4. Oh how I can relate to the weight loss battle...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is not any fun and too much hard work. LOL But in the end, it will be worth it! ;)

      Delete