Saturday, August 31, 2013

August Recap






August (despite an injury and a stomach bug) has really been a good month for me.  I started the month weighing 197 and as of this morning, I'm 191.2.  So almost 6 pounds is not too shabby if I do say so myself.  Especially considering it seems like it took me 2 months to lose that amount (From the end of May to the end of July) before.  Hopefully that means we have momentum again!

I didn't quite hit my exercise minutes this month but I'm not too upset about it.  I worked hard for the most part stayed on point with the food.  Even with the Achillies issue, on those days I didn't exercise, I made sure that I was within my calorie range. 

So I'm working on this blog post and sitting on the couch watching some college football.  And something that reminds me just how far I've come just happened.  Even last year, each game, Chris and I would get a dozen cake squares from Baum's Bakery and we would sit and eat the entire box.  That's 6 squares a piece! Every Saturday!  We still do indulge from time to time (mostly during Dungeons and Dragon's nights), but no where near like we used to with it.  Now I will be happy with just one. 


Source

:
I'm thinking of some goals for September.  I'm hoping to get at least 2 - 3 runs in a week (again) and then continue with the cardio/strength the rest of the time.  Why buck the system that seems to be working, eh?  I'm also hoping to start adding some tennis into the mix provided I can find someone to do it with me.  If not, I will see about some lessons and maybe meet some people doing it that way. 

I'm finally noticing some definition going on with my face.  Here's a shameless selfie plug with me and Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) from early December of last year:



This is from the beginning of July:



And this is from Thursday:



August Exercise Minutes Total - 1306/1600 

6 comments:

  1. 6 pounds is great! Congratulations! You've definitely go momentum going into September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Des, I can REALLY tell that you have lost weight in your face! You look toned and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now if the rest of my body will start toning, I'd be really happy!

      Delete