Saturday, August 10, 2013

Lazy Saturday

Chris and I are having a very low-key weekend.  In fact, I opted for a walk this morning, hit my steps and came back home then showered and now I'm back in my jammies!  And that is exactly how I plan on spending the rest of the day!  :) 

My week has been pretty good so far, I've done well with eating and exercise but now T.O.M. is being a you-know-what.  I'm trying really hard to stay on track food wise, but it's hard when you want to eat all the things!

Thankfully, having done no grocery shopping yet, may work in my favor.   I can't eat what I don't have in the pantry!

Because of that monthly witch, I decided to just walk this morning until I hit my steps instead of my normal run.  It took around an hour and a half, and that was interesting to me since I literally rolled out of bed, and went out to get it done. 

I did get surprised by a few feathery friends this morning too.  I was looking down at my phone and not paying attention when I almost came face to bill with these guys.







Fortunately for them (and me), we left each other alone and I finished my walk relatively goose-free, if you don't count the poop I had to avoid.  Thank goodness I was in the daylight and not in the wee early morning hours like I usually am.  I'm sure I would have not been too pleased having to clean goose poop off of my new shoes.


Oh, I also finally did some comparison shots in the same shirt.  Amazing to think how I used to think that shirt actually fit.



In the first pic I was around 244 and in a size 22-24 pant size, 2X shirt.  Currently I am 194 and in a 16-18 and a Large/XL shirt.  So progress has definitely been made, slowly but surely!

I guess I'll wrap this up, Chris and I are cleaning out our DVR today by getting caught up on The Newsroom and Falling Skies, then we may watch some Sons of Anarchy!  OH!!  I watched the episode Fires of Pompeii yesterday while on the elliptical at the gym and now I'm pretty psyched to get through some Donna episodes of Doctor Who.  And of course, I'm so ready for November to get here and some new episodes of Who and to see my favorite Doctor again! 


Loki wanted to tell you guys hello. 

And now, he and I plan on cuddling the rest of the day.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  This is my plan for the rest of the day!


10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your relaxing day, not lazy. You went on a walk, you can't be lazy. Love the comparison photos. There really is a big difference. Esp. in your face. you are doing GREAT keep up the good work. I'm sure you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking AWESOME! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of geese around my school and in that area. They can be so annoying! Love the pictures (and just noticed your header photo-the progress is amazing!)Have a nice relaxing day.

    Not a Doctor Who fan, but do you like the new doctor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! Well we haven't quite met the new Doctor just yet. Hopefully when they air the 50th anniversary special this Thanksgiving, we will get our first glimpse of him!

      Delete
  4. OMG You look AMAZING!! I need to figure out how to post pics side by side like that, lol...sometimes I am technology-dumb...

    Also, I really want to watch the Newsroom! I have heard amazing things about it! Hope you have a great week, Desiree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks! Check out this link http://www.sevenforums.com/music-pictures-video/168739-two-photos-paint.html and it helps me with Windows 7 and with Paint, but also, you can use certain apps that will allow you to make a collage. I use both PicCollage (free) and PhotoGrid (also free!)

      The Newsroom is wonderful. I love that show! If you get a chance, you should check it out!

      Delete
  5. :) you have made great progress, Desiree. I remember I started running(OK walking) when you did. Or atleast, around the same time. I flipped and lost 5 pounds and you lost 50.
    So yay for ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! And, hey, progress is progress! No matter how much or how little!

      Delete