Saturday, August 24, 2013

My weekend

I decided not to do my run this morning.  My foot was actually starting to improve as of Thursday but then I had to go and do something stupid like mow the grass and now this is how I'm spending my weekend.  I think the mowing with the pushing off motion did me in.


It's actually not as bad as it was yesterday.  I will test the waters on Monday before work and see how it goes but until then, I'm planning on laying off of it as much as I can to get back to 100%.  I also went ahead and called the doctor on Friday.  He (naturally) wasn't in so I spoke with the nurse.  She recommended that either I can wait and see my normal doc, or call and schedule an appointment with my Rheumetologist or recommend an Orthopedic doc.   My Rheumy is my main doc who oversees pretty much all my medical needs since I had the blood clots/DVTs in 2008.  The nurse also called in some meds for me.  I can't take any anti-inflammatory meds, and of course, those are the ones that I need now to help with the foot.  I'm stuck taking either tylenol or lortab, but I don't want to take either to be honest.  If I need it, I will take it but as of now, just laying off the foot.

At least the yard looks decent.



I've been looking at the race pictures that people have been posting in the local running group and it looks like that Zoo run was a lot of fun and they had a record turn out.  So far the weather was nice too.  I'm really sad that I missed it but I can tell you this.  I WILL definitely be doing it next year.  So now, I need to sit and figure out what run I want to do next and go ahead and start planning it.  I'm just ready to get back to a normal schedule and back to exercising.

Chris and I went and watched "The World's End" last night after work.  It was really good!  We enjoyed it but it was a little darker than the other of the Cornetto trilogy (Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz).   We finished up the first season of Sons of Anarchy this morning and watched a little of Orange is the New Black.  Now we're back to SoA.    Yep that's about how exciting my weekend is going to be.

Oz, the crazy kitty got himself into a pickle last night.  During the middle of the night we heard kitty yells.  We woke up and went to investigate.  This is what we saw and how far open Devyn's bathroom door would go.
 


Less than an inch gap and we could not open the door any further.  He had somehow managed to open both drawers while inside the bathroom and then couldn't manage to get himself out.  This is what it looks like from the other side.
 
Dramatic recreation minus the traumatized cat
 So when Chris finally managed to get the cabinets shut thru the small gap in the door,  Ozzy was free.  (Chris had to get a screwdriver and slowly shove each drawer back in place.)


Something is not right with that cat.  He is constantly opening drawers and doors.   I tried to snap a pic as we got him free but he wouldn't hold still and embrace the moment.  Oh well.

In other cat related matters, here is Doyle and his daddy napping on the couch.  I really hope Chris doesn't read this.  He will kill me for posting this but it was just too cute.





Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.  I can honestly say this is pretty awesome, not having much to do and being lazy and in our pj's.  But I'm still itching to get some exercise in.  I feel like I've gained 20 pounds back over this last week.  I know that's not true, the scale is still the same but it just feels that way I guess.  

Anyhoo, back to Sons of Anarchy.

Happy Saturday everyone!

10 comments:

  1. oh man, sorry you hurt your foot worse, but mowing! Girl, you're as bad as I am.
    LOL on the bathroom and kitty. Love the hubby pic. I got one the other night of my baby kitty and dh but I haven't posted it. he's shoot me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's much, much better now. I think laying off of it this weekend really helped.
      Yea, so far Chris hasn't mentioned the pic so hopefully he hasn't seen it yet. LOL

      Delete
  2. Our power mower's got some kind of problem, so it doesn't self propel any more. It's really heavy and hard to push so I wonder if that's what's giving me my heel/achilles issues. I mowed today, so if my foot's all messed up tomorrow morning, I'm going to be letting my husband mow for the rest of the summer!

    Hope your foot is feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that! The mower we had before's self propel broke too. That was such a pain in the butt and I can only imagine how much that would have hurt if my Achilles was bothering me then. I bet that is what it is. I think you are having the right idea though, just get hubby to mow the rest of the summer! :D

      Delete
  3. Really hope your foot feels better ASAP! Sorry it keeps giving you trouble. Your kitty story was hilarious! Glad he was set free! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, he was pretty happy about it too. He hasn't gone near the bathroom in several days. Silly boy.

      Delete
  4. Awwww I'm sorry the foot has kept you out of commission on the exercise front but it's better to let it heal than causing more damage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh so sorry about the ankle! I was out of commission yesterday afternoon because I ate too much pizza...lol...at least you have a GOOD excuse, I am just a fatty fat!!! And lol to your cat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, pizza does have a way of making you feel all bloated and gross. But it's so yummy!

      Delete