Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Technology FTW! And a foot update.

So I caved.  I have a Twitter and an Instagram now!  I mostly tweet my exercises and my blog posts but I'm slowly moving into more social media aspects.  I can see that I am going to like Instagram.  Y'all are forewarned...  There will be cat pictures!

Anyway, if you want to follow me just click on the new little linkys in the upper right hand corner of the blog!

I hopped back on the wagon yesterday and squeezed in an almost 2 mile run.  It felt pretty good and really didn't have any problems.  Chris picked up an ankle brace for me and I'm not sure if it actually caused more problems than it prevented.  It made my foot feel more secure but then as the day wore on, my leg actually started to hurt.  Not sure if that was because of the way I was walking with the ankle brace or what.  I'm not wearing it today and gonna see how it goes.  The game plan for today is elliptical and weights at the gym. 






Sunday we had the most stunning sunset here!  The house had a weird pink glow so I just had to go outside and see what was going on.   My little camera in my phone just doesn't do it justice.  We had a good bit of rain all day Sunday and this is the mix of rainclouds and sunset. 





Oh I also tried the most awful beer ever over the weekend.  I usually am always keen on trying different beer so I was pretty pumped when a friend recommended this one to me.

Doyle just had to photobomb the pic...




I picked it up from Target and didn't really concentrate or look at the 6 pack case.  So had I seen that it had Grapefruit and Ginger in it, I would have immediately put it back.  One sip and I just couldn't do it.  Down the sink it went.  So now I have 5 more bottles taking up fridge space.  Maybe I can find someone else who likes it and will drink it and besides look at all the calories I'm saving.  :)

Speaking of calories, I took a sneak peek at the scale and it looks like I'm up 2 pounds since last week.  Not sure if it's the lack of exercise or my eating habits, which were not that great honestly over the weekend.  Chris and I don't tend to eat regular meals and we also end up either eating only 2 times (especially if we sleep late), or just sort of graze.  We've got to do a better job on the weekends, that's for sure.  And even though for the most part, I stayed within my range,  I really need to make some better choices, food wise and work on portion control again.  I can slowly see my portion sizes creeping back up.

The most exciting news I can come up with this week is that I've signed up for a tennis clinic for newb players on Thursday!  I'm really excited about doing this.  I've always loved tennis but I really have no one in my circle who is interested in playing with me.  Hubby will do it, but it isn't high on his priority list of things he enjoys, so I'd rather just find someone local who would be willing to play from time to time.  I also need a refresher on the mechanics of it all.  I'm nervous and excited at the same time. 


So, if any of you are local to the Baton Rouge area and don't mind chasing some yellow fuzzy balls around a tennis court with me, I'd love to find someone who wants to play once a week or so! 

August Exercise Minutes - 986/1600 (Not gonna hit goal this month.  Last week really set me back).  :(

10 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better and getting back to running! Ankle braces are the best! I had a lot of problems with my left ankle when I started and I got one. I'm using it this week just for a bit of extra support on my right ankle that I tweaked last weekend. Have fun at the tennis clinic!! Definitely post about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was definitely starting to really miss any form of exercise. Weird how that happens! I sure will! I'm really pumped about the tennis. Hopefully I can find another local who is a novice like me. I don't do well with meeting strangers so this may be a challenge.

      Delete
  2. Oh that's awesome about the tennis clinic! Sounds like fun and I hope you find someone to hit balls with you. I hear ya about weekend food. Don't beat yourself up over it though, just try the best you can :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking you can use the beer in something, like baking or a stew maybe. I'm not a drinker so it does not sound good to me either.
    I've had a twitter and recently caved in for the instagram myself. You'll see lots of food, my furbabies, random shots when I'm out and about. Books I'm reading and so on.
    take care and hope the ankle finishes healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm maybe so. Maybe with all the ginger, I can use it when marinading some type of Asian beef or something. I'll have to think on it. If you can think of something to use it for, let me know!

      Delete
  4. So, how are you liking Instagram so far? I know I should open an account because it's the "in thing" but I just can't bring myself to add one more time drain to my day! Glad that you are on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking it so far! I haven't posted much out there yet, but it's easier when you want to share a pic and don't have to think of anything clever to say - LOL!

      Delete
    2. Ahhh smart lol, you may have persuaded me to sign up too!

      Delete
    3. Aaah smart lol, you may have persuaded me to sign up too!

      Delete