Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A walk in the park

I called an audible on today's gym session.  (Mainly because if I go to the gym, then I watch Doctor Who and I'm almost to Tennant's last episode and I don't want to bawl like a baby in front of complete strangers) I thought the weather looked pretty nice so opted for a walk instead.  And in lieu of my boring old street route that I do all the time, I decided to check out the park that Chris and I have been playing Tennis at a bit further.  I knew that they had some walking paths but wasn't quite sure how they all connected but once I got there, it was fairly easy to pick your route and go. 

I'll let most of the pics do the talking here....




This is looking out towards the tennis courts:


And they have a doggie park too!  


Looking towards the kids/playground area.  It has a water fountain that you can walk/play in!  (It's probably just for kids, but it looked awfully appealing to me too!)


To complete this awesome park they had 3 roundabouts!  My inner British person just loves these!


I just realized that I forgot to take a pic of the baseball/softball diamonds.  :(   Ah well, here's a squirrel.  :)


I knew everything was going too perfect this afternoon with this adventure.  So I freaked out a bit when I came across my other other arch-nemesis.  (Besides Canadian geese and spiders..).  I didn't stick around too much after coming across this guy.  I hauled butt and continued my walk.


2 full laps of the complex on the trails brought me to almost 3 and a half miles.  Not too shabby!  I will definitely be doing this again!  (Hopefully snake free next time!)




10 comments:

  1. Aaah snakes! The fiancé and I saw one during a humid spring walk once... I just about jumped into his arms, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I was not able to properly freak out as much as I would have normally. I zoomed the focus way way in so I wasn't nearly as close as I appeared to be! I hate snakes!

      Delete
  2. NO way I'd even be able to take a picture lol. I would have been crying like a baby at the sight of a snake and running until I hit my car lol. The park looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful walk! That's so funny about Doctor Who. I was re-watching them at work (I watch Netflix at my desk) and happened to watch that at work and was kind of secretly sobbing so no one else would hear me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, you aren't giving me much hope. I'm such an ugly crier too. LOL I may time that episode so I can do the elliptical at home instead of at the gym.

      Delete
  4. Awesome scenery!! I would have crapped my pants at the snake too!! I HATE snakes, sometimes I really enjoy just being outside, and going to the gym drives me crazy!! Keep it up lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I've been mostly sticking to the gym during the summer because it's so dang hot here, but now that cooler weather is around the corner, I think I'll definitely be taking some time to be outdoors!

      Delete
  5. We have loads of roundabouts in my city! I really like them. It is a shorter trip than heading to the UK! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! All that is missing is the Union Jack and David Tennant! :)

      Delete