Saturday, September 14, 2013

Late update

Eeep!  I've been a bad blogger this week.  It has been so crazy busy at work and at home this is really the first time I've had a chance to sit down and write a post since Tuesday!   And since LSU is blowing out Kent State, now is a good of a time as any!  ;)

Wednesday's Weigh In.... well I guess it could have been better but since it's TOM.... still, I guess I'm not surprised that I showed a +.6   Still hoovering around that 190-192 mark.  It will be nice to break through to the 180s. 

The rest of the week, for the most part ok.  I think I did a bit too much exercise-wise on Thursday.  I did skip a workout on Wednesday so I tried to make up for it the next day and I ended up being really sore on Friday.  Probably not a good way to balance things out, eh.  Thursday consisted of 35 minutes on the elliptical, weights and then an hour of tennis.  Yea...next Thursday, I'm gonna back that way off I think and just do weights and Tennis maybe.  The elliptical just was a bit too much that day I think.

Friday was, well, lets just say it lived up to the fact that it was a Friday the 13th.  Again, another skipped workout this week.  But... this truly was a crap day.  I know that is no excuse but I deserved every sip of that margarita.  Work was busy busy busy and just weird stuff kept happening.  Then, when I finally left work on Friday, I got rear-ended slightly on the way home.  It was not enough to do any visible damage to my Truckster and ironically enough the bump ended up happening on the exact same spot I had gotten rear-ended on a year ago.  So there really wasn't any "new" damage that was noticeable.  I think the poor guy was quaking in his boots, but I told him since there was no damage, to just move on.  There was not even a knick on his truck either.  But by the time I got back in my Kia, I was shaking.  I composed myself enough and made it home, but then I promptly started freaking out.  So yea, I didn't go the gym on Friday.  I was afraid I would drop a weight on my foot or something judging by the way my day was going.  Chris did have pity on me and did end up taking me out to eat and I did get that margarita. 






Today, was busy but productive.  I did only get 35 minutes on the elliptical this morning but also burned a ton of calories walking around doing errands and then mowing the grass today.  Between all that, I had my steps hit by 10am.  Chris and I meal planned, got our groceries done, went to 4 different sports stores and FINALLY found me some new Tennis Shoes that I actually liked.  I'm spoiled by pretty, colorful shoes now, and looking for tennis court shoes, well lets just say it's a very monochrome standard that most places sell.  White shoes everywhere.  I need some color with my shoes, people!  I ended up getting a pair at a local Tennis store  (after going to 2 Academy Sports Stores, and a Dicks Sporting Goods).  And these have pink in them.  I do not like pink.  Nothing against it as a color, but it's just not me.  Sooo, it was either that or drag Chris to yet another store.  And since I wanted to physically try them on, otherwise, I would have just ordered them online.  I'm still not 100% pleased but it is better than nothing I suppose.  The price wasn't too bad either. 





Oh yea, we also hit Best Buy and Lowe's and also went and window shopped at the Dog Adoption outside of Petsmart today.  I had to put on my whiney eyes on to get Chris to agree to go do that. :)   I'm ready for a new dog I think but we need to build a fence first.  Maybe soon....

And then on top of all those errands, we also went and mowed the grass and also dog sat for my Aunt for a bit while she is at the game.   To say that we are exhausted today, is an understatement!  I think tomorrows agenda will be a little tennis and a lot of resting!  Plus a little Dexter and Breaking Bad thrown in!  (I'm so sad there are only 2 episodes of each left!!!)

I will hopefully be working on another tennis post tomorrow or Monday at least.  Need to blog about that from Thursday! 

I haven't mentioned running lately, and ugh, that's because I haven't ran in about a week and half.  Bad, bad I know.  I'm hoping to get 2 miles or so in Monday or Tuesday for sure and then get back in the swing of things there.  I've slacked off big time there and also with the 30 Day Shred as well.  That was a big ole FAIL.  Not in the sense that I can't do it but I just got bored with it.  I may just use that once in a while when I want a change of pace, but doing it every single day.  That is really tough for me, especially when I'm at the gym or doing some other type of cardio 5 to 6 days a week.

Ok I think I'm going to wrap this up now.  We are about to watch Cumberbatch Star Trek: Into Darkness! :)


September Exercise Minutes - 674/1500

4 comments:

  1. I find RIpped in 30 kind of monotonous too. I think once I'm done with it this month, I might use the DVD twice a week and then change it up on my off days.

    Love you tennis shoes! Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think thats a great idea. I may end up doing the Jillian video just on a rainy day or something. Not sure yet. Thanks! They are the cutest of the ones I saw. I tried them on for a bit while playing around with the ball machine yesterday. They will take some getting used to I think.

      Delete
  2. I just dont like JM.
    I try but I suck :-(

    Desire--How much time does it take for you to complete a 5K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a slow runner, we are talking very very slow. I think last time I ran one it takes me about 43-45 minutes to run a full 5K.

      Delete