Thursday, September 19, 2013

NSV

I feel like sometimes my Non-Scale Victories are few and far between but I actually have a couple to share today!
button

First up, I have to buy new undies!  I know that is like the least exciting NSV in this history of NSV's but hey it's something!  And any chance I can get to buy some Wonder Woman or Supergirl undies is a good day in my book.

Next, I pulled 2 shirts out (One is mine and one is Dev's. - guess which one is which..)  Ok, nevermind, I'll tell you anyway.  I bought the purple and blue stripped shirt back in April and it wasn't quite ready for public viewing *ahem* way too tight.  So I stuck it back in my closet to wear at a later time.  Well that time was last Friday! 


And so since I'm trying to find smaller clothes that I can wear, I decided to take a gander through Devyn's room and see what she had.  I buy her stuff all the time and, well, you know how it is with teens.  They never wear what you think they should.  Some of the stuff still had price tags on it!  *insert grumpy mad face*.   So guess who hit the motherlode (ha!  see what I did there?!) and I grabbed a few things to put in my closet for the time being.  I still have several more drawers to go through in her room but for now I will show you this.  This is me in a XL from Hot Topic.  Hot Topic is notorious for tight stuff so I am really thrilled about being able to fit in this!  Plus, I can wear Jack Skellington for Halloween!






Do you have any NSV's to share today?  If so, do the link up with us and share them in my comments too!

26 comments:

  1. Yes, ha ha we are underwear nsv twins today! The shirts look great! I stopped buying clothes for my teen unless she's there with me because I never know what she will like and what she will reject, she's getting so picky these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep when the undies start sagging, it's definitely time for some new ones! And yes, I'm slowly realizing that fact with Dev too. /sigh

      Delete
  2. Needing smaller clothes is a great feeling! Congrats!

    That Skellington shirt is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for all of your recent victories! Love the new shirts. Sounds like you hit jackpot in her room! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'm wearing another of her throwaways at work today :D

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your victories! Being able to buy new undies is a victory in ANY women's book! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of that Jack Skellington shirt right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Jack Skellington shirt! And yes I always feel like buying new undies is a victory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love NSVs (almost as much as when the scale goes down). My biggest NSV lately was being able to play with my younger son at the playground by running up and down the slides with him and riding scooters with him at the skate park. And having clothes comfortably fit now that I couldn't pull up over my butt a year ago. I call it "shopping in my closet".

    Congrats on your new undies and shirts! Maybe it's time for a shopping trip for some new fun clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, any excuse is a good excuse for a new clothes shopping trip! :)

      Delete
  8. Desiree, you look AMAZING! OMG that is so awesome, these are both great NSV's!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) congrats Desire. I totally understand why that should be a nsv.
    Mine will be (someday)when I can buy cute bra's.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until I can buy some cute bras too. I hate the stuff that you have to choose from when you are bigger up top!

      Delete
  10. Congrats and YAY on new drawers! LOL
    Just think before long you can buy small sexy smexy ones :)
    Love the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome post and accomplishments. Congrats on your NSVs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great NSVs! I love having to buy new undies--especially when they're smaller. I LOVE the Jack tee! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah! Love both shirts and whoo hoo for XL!

    ReplyDelete