Sunday, September 29, 2013

Plans for the upcoming week

Ok I feel a bit better after my last post from this morning.  Chris and I went and volleyed for about 45 minutes today.   We both ended up with a pretty good sweat going and it was nice until the rain started.  We then hit the grocery store for a few items and by the time we got home, the rain finished.  It wasn't an outright downpour so that gave us an opportunity to get the grass cut.   I'm very glad we got that out of the way at least.  I'm mostly caught up on laundry too so now I'm just ready to sit back, relax and get ready for Breaking Bad tonight.

I decided that I'm going to write out some goals that I have for this upcoming week or what I'd like to see happen.  I don't mind changing the routine up a bit especially hoping that we get some cooler weather here soon.  We are expecting some rain this week so I'll have to play the outdoors stuff by ear.

Monday - am before work I'd like to run at least 2 miles.  That may not happen though since we are expecting lots of rain tomorrow.  If that doesn't happen, I'm hoping to get my 2 miles done on my elliptical.

Tuesday - after work I may have an option to go play some tennis with some co-workers.  If that doesn't pan out then I will just either go walk at the park or go to the gym.  If my run gets cancelled tomorrow, I may try to run the track inside the gym. 

Wednesday - Run -am/ Elliptical/weights pm

Thursday -  Tennis clinic pm

Friday - rest

Saturday - I may try to attend a tennis free play in the morning before going to our friends house to play DnD

Sunday - is the YELP! 5 K.   Really looking forward to this!

One other big thing that I really want/need to work on this week is my water.  I haven't been doing very well with that.   I drink water all the time but I don't drink enough.  So I am really going to work on it this week.  I want to drink at least 100 oz of water each day.  I've reinstalled that "Water Your Body" app so hopefully that will provide enough of a reminder for me to keep up with it.

I finally had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte this season!  It went way too quickly though.  But the "tall" size was already 300 calories worth.  I hate drinking calories as a rule but this one time it was worth it.





And at this exact moment, this is what my cats are doing.




Doyle and Loki are spooning while Oz looks on wistfully...

September Exercise Minutes - 1226/1500

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan for the week! I think it's great that you're having so much fun with tennis. Having a workout that is "play" is so important for long term success at fitness since it feels like a reward instead of a chore.

    I had my first peppermint mocha of the year yesterday (dealing with the sleep deprivation and a "goodbye" to carbs). Yeah it was pretty awesome. But $4? Ouch!! That's enough to keep me away from temptation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am adoring Tennis! I think I have found my 'thing'! Yummm Peppermint Mocha! Yea, Starbucks prices have kept me away for quite some time for that very reason!

      Delete
  2. Your cats are ADORABLE! :)

    Ugh, I have a hard time drinking my calories too, that's why I normally stick to just coffee with a little cream and sugar and water.

    You're so close to making your exercise minutes for September. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yea, same here with the drinking. I do allow one per weekend normally where I can enjoy a beer or two (or a margarita, whatever I have extra calories for)
      Yea, I just have today and tomorrow so I really don't think I'll hit my goal. I'm gonna give it a shot though to get in all that I can. Tonight I have bowling so nothing else other than the 30 min run I did this morning. Tomorrow, all out, balls to the wall workout marathon though!

      Delete
  3. Aww snuggly babies! I think that's a great plan for the week! Hopefully the water app helps you. I have no issues with my water consumption during the week because when I'm at work I fill my water bottle at 4 specific points. If I hadn't finished 1 bottle by the time to fill it again, I just chug it and fill it! Weekends are tougher, but I use a giant water cup that I don't need to fill as often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I think it does tend to be easier at work than at home. But so far yesterday I've done well and I'm off to a good start today too!

      Delete