Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Plans

I decided on a spur of the moment today that I'm going to give Jillian's 30 Day Shred a try again during the month of September.   Hopefully, I'll actually make the entire 30 Days this time around.  I just got finished doing Day 1 today and did pretty good.  For the most part, I will say that it is much, much easier now that I'm down about 25 pounds since the last time I tried it.  I'm pretty sure I'm still going to be referring to Jillian as "the vile b!tch", or TVB from now on though. 

So I'm officially in the Fall frame of mind here.  Football, cooler weather, and pumpkins!  I am currently torturing hubby with a Pumpkin Pie Spice candle that we picked up from the store this morning.  Now if the weather would just start cooperating and cooling off then I'll be a very happy camper!  I'm also going to be giving a Pumpkin flavored protein shake a try tomorrow morning after my run.  I'll be sure to post if it comes out good or not.  If it's good, I'll share the recipe.  :)   I wonder if I can convince hubby that it's not to early to start putting out Halloween decorations?  Hmmm..

Chris and I also hit the grocery store and got our meals organized for the week.  I'm going to be trying out 2 different recipes that I found off of Skinnytaste.com.  One is Asian grilled chicken and the other is for a lighter version of a Shepard's Pie (my inner wannabe Anglophile is coming out).  I really need to get some more recipes lined up and going.  We are very much creatures of habit here and I really just want to start introducing some more variety in our meals.  I've also *gulp* agreed to bring broccoli  into the house.  I tried it recently and didn't hate it.  So I am going to give it a go again.  We also picked up some asparagus.  I've never had that, so this should be interesting.  If anyone has any recommendation on snazzing up broccoli or asparagus, I'm open to suggestions!

Mom came over yesterday and we made a mega batch of Blueberry Muffiin Protein Shake.  (This is mainly a pic free post, so I figured I needed to throw something in here.  :)






September Exercise Minutes - 27/1500

What are your plans for September?  Are you giving any challenges a try this month?  


8 comments:

  1. I'm doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 in September! I'll check in with you as I go! :)

    Cook asparagus with a little butter and garlic. DELICIOUS, but I'll warn you, the rumors are true, your pee will smell FUN-KY the next day! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I may give Ripped in 30 a try once I finish 30DS!

      LOL I've heard that! Ack!

      Delete
  2. Ooh the 30 day shred is hard! But i know you can do it!

    I am with you on the fall weather!!! I did a photo shoot downtown tonight, it was so hot!!! Hopefully we will have cooler weather soon! I love fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yea, I'm quite ready for some sweater weather. At least it's not quite as humid as it could be I suppose!

      Delete
  3. Yummy asparagus! I like it grilled, so once it gets colder, if you have a grill pan you could cook it that way. I agree with Shannon--butter and garlic is the way to go there :)

    I signed up for a 5k this month, so that's my challenge! I'm going to walk it, but it's the first "race" I've ever signed up for, so I'm pretty stoked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH! Yay! A 5K! You can totally do this! Run, walk, crawl, whatever! They are great incentive and once you do one, you may be hooked!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Sadly, I have only completed 4 days of this. LOL

      Delete