Friday, September 27, 2013

TGIF

So very very glad it is Friday!  How about you?

I don't have much to report other than my ankles and feet are not too happy with me today.   I guess 2 hours of significant running around and playing tennis causes for some foot and ankle discomfort.  It's feeling a bit better now that I'm more mobile but when I first got out of bed this morning, I was like.. "uh oh".

Other than the owies from this morning, I really had a great time last night.  One other lady showed up for the backhand clinic so there was 2 of us working with the trainer.  Then after the hour was up, no one else showed up to the New Players clinic so I worked on all the stuff: forehand, backhand, volleys and serves.  About 30 minutes into the New Players clinic, Ronnie (the trainer/coach) got an emergency call from home so he had to leave.  About that time another lady walked up and was looking to attend the last 30 minutes.  Ronnie said that he had to go but he said that we could volley together for a bit, so that is what we did!   She had completed the New Players Clinic program last year and just started league play this fall - (I had just missed the deadline).  She said she had been playing for about a year and that they play 2-3 times per week, including practicing.  So that was pretty fun to get some sorta real world tennis experience in instead of just running drills!  I think that is maybe why ankles are a bit sore this morning too.  I guess I need to work on strengthening those puppies up!

I think the thing that I love the most about tennis is the calorie burn!  I'm not entirely sure how accurate MFP is but judging by my sweat last night, it may be in the vicinity of that number.   Check this out... 

And it looks like even though we are still going to New Orleans tomorrow, we may have to postpone our trip to the World War 2 Museum.  I'm bummed about it but since we have a lunch date, I'm not sure how much time we could devote to the museum.  It's ok though.  We will just plan to go back very soon!  And now that the weather is showing some hope of getting cooler, more and more day trips can be planned!  (I'm dying *ha!* to go back one of  these days and do a Haunted walking tour!  Those are so much fun, and the last one we did, we ended up in a bar in the French Quarter.... awesome!)

And finally, I decided to treat myself a little for hitting the 180s.  I ordered this tech shirt and also today's shirt on teefury.  All my nerdy shirts are getting big, so I guess I need to start replacing a few here and there.  (Plus who can resist a Firefly shirt?!)


September Exercise minutes - 1151/1500

Do you have any fun plans this weekend?  What are you doing to stay active?

12 comments:

  1. My husband is IN LOVE with teefury. He also likes teevillain and has been buying from there a bit more.

    Did you take tennis lessons? Or just start playing? You do an awful lot of running while playing tennis, so you do probably burn that many calories!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh yes, I'm such a sucker (as you can see from my header..) for nerdy shirts.

      I'm sorta taking lessons. It's called a New Players Clinic that I attend and basically he goes over proper form and just gives you a ton of practice. It's nothing really formal or anything and I haven't played an official match yet, but I will definitely be signing up for league play in the spring!

      Delete
  2. That is an amazing calorie burn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I was dripping with sweat! It felt great! My hair was even soaked!

      Delete
  3. Wow that's crazy to burn that many calories....awesome! My hand and eye coordination stinks. Every time I have tried to play it has not ended well....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about taking up tennis with my daughter for fun. That calorie burn is super motivating! And I love your "nerdy" shirts they are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am having a ton of fun! You guys should look into it!

      Delete
  5. What am I doing this weekend? I went for a walk this morning (Saturday in Australia) and then did some dumbbells. I'd love to have slept in but got up and out the door instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You already know I adore the shirt from Facebook! I won't squee anymore over it! :)

    We're hitting up the Rock N Roll Expo today to pick up my bib for tomorrow's race in Providence. Also some boring stuff like going to the bank to get a loan for work on our house and overseeding my lawn. Exciting stuff, I know. Don't be jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! Good luck with your race tomorrow! (We have to do some yardwork this weekend too. Blah.

      Delete