Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

Happy Tuesday!   How was everyone's Labor Day holiday (for my American friends)?  

Friday, I started the weekend off right by going swimming at the Y after work.  I did that for an hour and then was going meet up with mom when she got off to do the elliptical for a bit.  I managed to underestimate just how long it takes to put on a sports bra after swimming.  So about 20 minutes later, of attempting to fix the situation, I finally got it on straight.  (Yes, it was probably as humorous as you would imagine it to be...)  I think next time, I decide to throw swimming into the workout routine, I'll make sure I do it last so I can just through on some clothes over the bathing suit and then head out.    I got home, showered and then Chris and I met my mom and aunt at La Caretta's Mexican Restaurant.  It was a very nice Friday evening.   I think we ended up falling asleep around 8:30.  Getting old sucks!

Saturday morning, I overslept a bit so I didn't quite get my run in but I still managed to get to the gym.  I got another episode of Doctor Who watched on the elliptical and also did strength training.  After the gym, got home and showered and then mom and I met back up later to go see "The Butler". It was pretty good.  I thought it was well acted and enjoyed it.  After the movie, I just went back home and pretty much vegged out for the rest of the day.

Sunday is normally my rest day but it was also the 1st of September.  Chris and I hit the grocery store and meal planned for the week.  Then, I got inspired by reading all the facebook posts about Sweating in September and whatnot, so I dusted off Jillian's 30 Day Shred and gave that a whirl.  That's pretty much the extent of the exercise that I did Sunday.   I'm on Day 3 (as of today) and so far so good.  I was a little sore yesterday but it's better today.  I am finding that it is much, much easier this time around.  I looked back when I did it last time in March and I'm down about 20 pounds since then.  Amazing the difference those 20 pounds make!  I did take measurements and all that jazz, so look for that update in about 27 days from now.  :)   (If I last that long.. A.D.D. is the bane of my existence sometimes....).  I still hate jumping jacks though.  That will never change.  They are officially my nemesis.







Monday was a friggin awesome day all around.  Not sure why, but I was feeling inspired.  I had a ton of things that I wanted to do, exercise-wise and since we had the day off, I thought "why not.."  It will definitely get me a good jump on exercise minutes.  I started out with a 30 minute run.  (Louisiana humidity really sucks, by the way), then I went ahead and knocked out Day 2 of 30DS, then mom met me at the gym so I did weights while she was on the elliptical.  And then we topped it off with 30 minutes swimming laps in the pool!  I was quite worn out afterwards, but it was awesome to do that much. 



To celebrate all that, I finally got all the ingredients and tried the Pumpkin Vanilla protein shake.  It was very good.  I think next time I'll omit the Imitation Maple though.



This is what I did:
3/4 cup Almond milk
1/4 cup Canned Pumpkin
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tbsp Torani Sugar Free Vanilla syrup (the recipe calls for Pumpkin Torani syrup but I couldn't find it anywhere!)
1/2 tsp Imitation Maple (I'd omit this next time)
10 ice cubes

All this was under 200 calories and it was really delicious!  I will definitely be doing this one again and it really puts me in the Fall frame of mind!

We've got a few upcoming events that I'm just so happy about and I am giddy with excitement!  Mom, aunt and I are going to New Orleans towards the end of the month and we're going to check out the Bob Hope exhibit at the National World War 2 Museum and just spend the day around the city.  Should be a lot of fun (and cooler weather too!)  And Chris and I have decided to give the Barenaked Ladies a try again and go see them in concert towards the end of October.  We had plans to drive to Dallas and see them in June but we had a crazy series of catastrophes and had to cancel our plans.

The other good news about my wonderful holiday weekend is that I have officially cleared off my DVR just in time for all my Fall tv shows to come back!  I'm caught up FINALLY on Broadchurch and Luther is back on tonight!  Happy, happy days!!! 



And no post would be complete without a crazy cat picture...

He actually does indeed sleep like that. 
So all in all, it really had a wonderful weekend.  It was just the right amount of leisure and just the right amount of errands and over-abundance of sweat!  Now if we can always have 3 day weekends...

How was your weekend?  Did you anything fun/insane/awesome/amazing?  

September Exercise Minutes - 135/1500

14 comments:

  1. that sounds like an awesome weekend and an impresive amount of exercise. I don't suppose Ripper street has made its way onto BBC America yet, if it hasn't you should definately keep an eye out for it, I think it'll be right up your street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we did get it but I must have missed it. I will look and see if it is on netflix.

      Delete
  2. My daughter loves Doctor Who and I love it because I grew up watching that show. What do you think of the new actor playing Doctor Who?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the jury is still out, but hopefully once we get a glimpse of him, it will be natural, just like all the other Doctors! At first, you hate them because they aren't the one before, then you grow to like them, then you wonder how you ever lived without him! :D

      Delete
    2. Right! I think my daughter will come around eventually, she really liked the young, cute last couple of Doctors. What can I say, she's a teenager ha ha!

      Delete
    3. LOL yea, but I'm with her though! I miss the hottie David Tennant! But, there is something to be said about an older distinguished gentleman. We shall see! :)

      Delete
  3. I went down to Va. Beach and ran the Rock n Roll Half Marathon.....well walked most of it because it was like soup!! 94% humidity EWWE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW congrats! I saw some of your pics. You did great! Yea, humidity sucks. I will happily move up north if it meant that I didn't have to constantly deal with humidity in the 90+ range for 7 months out of the year.

      Delete
  4. OMG fall TV!!! I can't WAIT for Walking Dead!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for all the swimming!!! OMG sports bras after swimming are terrible. If your mom is there or you're with a good friend/family member, ask for some help! haha It just gets so bunched up on the upper back and then you try to get it untangled and your boobs are just waiting, chilling for you to get your act together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea, I've totally decided that next time, swimming will be the LAST thing on the agenda, that way I can just throw the clothes on over my suit and go home in peace. I must have burned at least 300 more calories trying to contortion myself into that bra!

      Delete