Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday

Weigh In Wedneday

190.4 .  All in all, I'm really pleased with today's weigh in.  I really worked hard this week and the effort and the eating paid off.  I feel like I've been floating around the lower 190s for weeks now.  It will be really nice to get into a new decade!

So far, the week has been pretty good and I'm so very glad that it's already Wednesday!

I am up to Day 4 of 30DS with Jillian.  Hate to say it, but I'm really starting to get bored with it already.  I'm still plugging along but man, that same dialogue day in and day out.  It's starting to wear on me and I'm having to really struggle to focus and get it done.  I was a little sore on Monday/Tuesday but I seem to be much better today. 

Chris and I made the (Light) Shepard's Pie recipe from Skinnytaste.com last night (with some modifications...)  I'm pleased to say that we finally have a new Chris approved recipe that we can throw into the mix!   Chris and I both are picky eaters so we are usually creatures of habit and we make the same 10 or so things over and over again.  Let's just say that it gets rather boring!








It came out really good!  And since I love carrots and Chris loves peas and never the twain shall meet, I think what we may do next time, is make 2 separate batches.  (Mine with corn, carrots and green beans; and his with corn and peas). 

Do you have any favorite healthy go-to meals that are relatively easy to prepare?  How do you appease the pickiest of picky eaters?

September Exercise Minutes - 234/1500

19 comments:

  1. Some have suggested that if you're bored with the dialog on the videos to mute the TV and put on some upbeat music. I haven't been bored long enough to try that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the 30DS, mute Jillian & listen to your own tunes... makes it a TON better! :)
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch TV while watching the workout on my laptop - it keeps me distracted so I do not get too bored - in 6 days you get to go to the next workout :) It does give results so keep it up!
    Thanks for linking up!
    I hovered over the 190's heck I hover over every decade change for weeks before actually busting through - you will eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea about tv too. I haven't thought of that. I'm usually just concentrating on just getting it over with!

      Isn't that the worst? When you get close to a new set of numbers, it feels like the scale moves slower and slower!

      Delete
  4. I'm a super picky eater too! I love finding healthy alternatives for the foods I use to love. Luckly my husband will eat almost anything. I may need to go look up that receipe for a healthy shepards pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I really want to try to find some other options for us. I'm really tired of baked chicken, pork, spaghetti and quesidillas ALL. THE. TIME!!

      Delete
  5. Love that you tried this recipe! I always modify recipes, that's what makes it the best!

    PS, you'll break out VERY soon, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turn Jilly onto mute and put on your favorite music - chances are you don't even need to WATCH the video to remember the rooms, let alone listen aha.

    Keep up the awesome work!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a fantastic wheigh-in well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your weigh in yesterday! I have some good easy healthy recipes--Patrick and I are picky too--I'll email you with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT LOOKS SO DELISH!!!!! PS I nominated you for an award on the blog today and excellent job on the weigh-in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was! I can't wait to make it again!

      Aww thank you so much! I'll try to work on my response post today or tomorrow!

      Delete
  10. Great job girlie! I'm with you about Jillian-- I've done it a couple of times and second time around-- I muted her and blasted my own playlist-- she kills me with her voice and not funny jokes :)

    ReplyDelete