Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A day in New Orleans

This post will be mostly pictures!   My mom, aunt and I spent a lovely day in New Orleans on Saturday.  We met some relatives that were in town for lunch and just spend the day walking around and enjoying the sights.  We didn't do anything touristy this time around but we do want to go back very soon and view the Bob Hope exhibit at the National World War II museum before it ends.  Plus, Chris and I were thinking of going back here soon and maybe spending the day at the zoo (since it is getting cooler) and the night doing one of the Haunted Walking Tours in the Quarter!   So we may be planning another adventure soon!

But for now here are some pics of our day!


Beignets from Cafe Du Monde











10 comments:

  1. Those donuts look AMAZING.

    Also, I'd LOVE to do a haunted walk through New Orleans! A friend of mine did one and she had a great time. So much history there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did one a few years back and had so much fun. It was a blast, plus you end up in 2 bars during the tour too! LOL

      Delete
  2. I was going to ask what that food was in the first couple of piccies but I see Shannon has answered that question!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I updated the post. They are called Beingets and they are basically a fried donut. :)

      Delete
  3. Your photos are awesome - I've never been to New Orleans but would love to go for a visit, so much history!! Those beignets look positively sinful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks they are! In fact surviving this trip and having only 1 and a 1/2 is gonna be my NSV for Thursday!!

      Delete
  4. Looks great! Love the pics and completely looks like a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to visit there some day. Just not during or near Mardi Gras! LOL Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I stay far, far away from Nola during Mardi Gras too!

      Delete