Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ankle weirdness

After Thursday night tennis, Chris and I came home and did our usual to get ready for bed.  At some point in the night, I got up and went to the bathroom.  My ankle felt a little weird. And when I touched it (in the back) near where the Achilles is, I felt a burning sensation.  Not so much on the skin but rather in it.  So I mentioned it to Chris and it didn't hurt to walk on it or anything but he suggested I just go get it checked out.

I called and got an appointment with my normal doctor since I wasn't really sure if I needed to call an Orthopedic doctor or what. 





So Dr. Landry came in and asked some questions and checked things out but apparently I've managed to puzzle another doctor with another of my weird ailments.  He did call and get me set up with an Orthopedic Doctor next week who specializes in ankle/foot injuries.  If I were to call and set up the appointment it would probably be about 2 to 3 weeks later, so I'm really grateful that he was able to get me in in about a week. 

Now for the really bad news.  He recommends only light activity (walking and elliptical are ok) but no running or tennis.  I am so bummed about that. 

The ankle/Achillies doesn't really give me any problems and hasn't for the most part since I first injured it 2 months ago.  After a long day of walking/exercise, yes it does hurt a bit.  But the weird sensation I do notice every single time I touch it.  Dr. Landry did think that when I first pulled or injured it it could have caused some nerve damage and that's a possibility.   So until I actually go to the appointment, I'm going to just take it easy and just do the light stuff. 

So this is where I am.  Today I'm going to lay off of the foot and get caught up with American Horror Story at least.  I am off work tomorrow (Monday) so I may go swimming.  I don't think that would be too bad and less pressure on the foot.


6 comments:

  1. Ugh! I hope it isn't nerve damage! Here is to hoping you find answers soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks. :( Sorry to hear about that ankle. Enjoy catching up on American Horror Story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I am a new follower! Great job on your weight loss so far and how far you have come on this journey. I am so sorry to hear about your foot. Keep positive thoughts and push through. http://tadrainowife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete