Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween and a quick NSV.

Morning everyone!  A quick post before work here and I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween!  One of my all time favorite days of the year!  I miss the days of taking Devyn trick-or-treating but now I do still enjoy handing out candy and enjoying seeing all the little ghouls and goblins!


The extent of my dressing up this year is going to have to just be my earrings.  I figure once I get goal (next year...maybe!) then I'll be all about dressing up and being awesome! LOL


OOhhh!  Guess what??  We FINALLY have a Trader Joe's  opening up here in Baton Rouge today!  I can't wait to go check it out.  Does anyone have any recommendations on what I need to be on the lookout for?

My NSV for this week is actually getting in, zipping up and fitting comfortably in my wedding dress!  Before we left for the concert Friday I was really, really bored and I was going through some things in my closet.  I said what the heck when I came to my dress and tried it on!   I'll try to recapture the moment and take a pic soon.  :)  So for now, you'll just have to believe me.  I haven't fit in it since the wedding 9 years ago, so being able to slide it on was pretty awesome!


button

Hope everyone survives all the candy today relatively unscathed and without tummy-aches!  Happy Thursday everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Pics or it didn't happen! Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun earings!! Happy Halloween :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween! Congrats on your NSV!!! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great NSV! I can't wait to see a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Putting your wedding dress on is a great NSV! i WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!!!

    Also, Trader Joe's, get COOKIE BUTTE! Bought it for the first time last month. It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to post them when I do! I've heard that about the cookie butter! It's definitely going to be in my basket!

      Delete
  6. I definitely want to see pictures of the dress!!

    I wish we had a Trader Joe's around me. I see so many people talking about it, and I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm terrified of the cookie butter. :) Definitely the kind of thing I can't control myself around! I wrote a blog post a while back about my favorite things at Trader Joe's (http://wp.me/p3OQQ4-20) but seriously, for the first time you go, just allow yourself to look at everything at try lots. If there's something you don't love, they usually take it back no questions asked. I'm hitting them up this evening for some pre-prepped veggies and stir fry mix for the next couple of dinners. Have fun! - Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to Trader Joe's even though we got one here a while ago. I've heard terrible/wonderful things about the cookie butter too. Let me know what you think.

    Awesome job on the wedding dress NSV. I probably have 15-20 lbs to get into mine although mine is so crazy and lacy that the only thing I want to use it for is to dye it red and dress up all Winona Ryder Beetlejuice style for halloween one year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trader Joe's in BR!? NO WAY! We usually stop by Whole Foods when in town, but sounds like Trader Joe's will be next! Hope you had a great Halloween! (P.S. - I have those candy corn earrings, too! Great minds!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! That's fantastic!!

    Those are some fun earrings. As I'm sure you saw on my blog, my friend makes jewelry and this year she got some really fun zombie charms to make earrings with. We actually sold 3 pairs of them I think. They were really fun!

    ReplyDelete