Thursday, October 3, 2013

NSV Thursday and some 11 month comparison pics

button


Surviving a trip to New Orleans and only eating 1 and a half beignets is totally going to be my NSV for this week! Seriously guys, those things are sinful!  


Another huge NSV for me happened this morning.  I hit a streak of 315 days of logging through My Fitness Pal!  Seriously this I think has been the BIGGEST thing to help me keep on track this whole time.  Logging every single thing and making myself be accountable really has helped my focus this time around.  I truly believe that.


So I've been a bit down about the weight loss stall.   So I figured it was time for me to do another comparison pic update.   Those always remind me just how far I have come and that all the counting calories, exercise, water has not been in vain.





(Why in the world did I ever think it was ok to wear that orange shirt in public at that size?!)

OH!  In other news, hubby finally joined me in a walk last night and he agreed to go to take tennis  lessons with me tonight!  Fingers cross that the weather stays good.  I'm afraid if we get rained out, he may chicken out next time.   While we were walking, I vented to him about the fact that I think my stall may be related to what we eat and that I may need to consider starting to make our meals a bit healthier or at least try to.

And I've also decided to try an Ab challenge this month and I'm really going to try to commit to hitting all my steps every single day (counting them through the Fitbit).  So I'll keep you all posted on that progress as well!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Thursday filled with your very own NSV's today!

October Exercise Minutes - 146/1600 (* I upped these to 1600.. I think I can, I think I can).

42 comments:

  1. That's a crazy difference! Wow! You should be proud!

    Getting my husband on board with eating healthier, will definitely help. It made making meals that much easier. I hope it stays nice so he tries tennis with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I am. Its crazy to think that I've come this far! Gotta keep going!

      Yea, he volleys around with me but this will be good so that he can get proper form and whatnot. Plus he may find that he likes it! (hoping hoping!!)

      Delete
  2. You look fantastic!! Looking at progress pictures is the only thing that keeps me going when the darn scale doesn't want to be nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Same here (and thanks!). Progress pics are the only thing that keep me going sometimes too! (And measuring...)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the improvement and the logging streak.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU LOOK AMAZING! You really have made so much progress, and it shows like crazy. :) Keep it up, girl, I'm with you on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on how far you have come and logging everything for so long! I need to log but im currently terrible about that so that is a great thing. Good luck getting out of the stuck and those look so yummy eating 1 and a half is great news! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yea, it was really hard to force myself to stop! They are so dang good!

      Delete
  7. That is some amazing commitment with MFP!! Very inspiring. Also, was that powdered sugar piled on top of that mound of deliciousness? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh those are beingets! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beignet Also known as deep fried crack donuts! :)

      Delete
  8. WOW. Success comes with constant commitment. I find people like yourself to be such an inspiration. "If they can do it so can I" I say to myself. It often works lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! And trust me, if *I* can do it, then anyone can! You can do this!

      Delete
  9. You are doing so great! I'm so glad you are taking comparison pics so that u don't get frustrated!! You have come so far and are doing so amazing!! Also it's awesome you got the hubby to go with you!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your progress is evident. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW you look amazing!!! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job, girl! Keep up the great work. How you ever ate only 1 1/2 beignets, I'll never know!! Those things definitely are sinful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how I held out either. I think by immediately getting up from the table and eating them slowly helped! Thanks!

      Delete
  13. You look amazing! And you are so inspiring. I am lucky if I log a week of myfitness pal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Desiree, you are truly a success! It is discouraging when you are in a weight loss stall, but those pictures are the proof in the pudding! You look great and have come a long way. Keep going!

    P.S. Those beignets look so so yummy!!! I doubt I could have limited myself to just one and half, so GO YOU! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim! Yes, that was by far the hardest thing I had to do this week.. to step away from the beignets! :)

      Delete
  15. I know all about beignets. AMAZING. Soooo good! Good job on limiting those b/c wow. That's tough!

    You have made SO many changes & you look fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your progress! Oh and those beignets look so good. I've never had them before though, but I can never deny sugar... It's my guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, it was a rare treat but glad I could afford to let myself have a couple of bites!

      Delete
  17. Awesome comparison! You're doing great!!

    That's great that hubby is getting in on it with you. I feel like it really helps when you have a supportive spouse.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're doing amazing!! What a change - you should be so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job with your progress! You really are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! That's awesome. I can't believe you made it past 300 days on My Fitness Pal. I always forget to log in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it helps that I almost always pre-log my food each day. It a) keeps me honest and b) helps me not to forget the streak! LOL

      Delete