Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend recap

If I had one picture to sum up my weekend it would be this: 


Oz totally hit the nail on the head there.

My weekend wasn't the best nor was it the worst.  It just "was".   This was the first weekend in a long time that we really didn't have that many things planned and I am extremely grateful for that.  T.O.M. hit me with full force this weekend and along with it I managed to get a sunburn and I think a little sun sickness too.  But I'll get to that in just a few.

Friday, I got home from work and just deflated into the couch.  Chris's ankle was still a little sensitive so he really didn't feel like going anywhere to eat, so I called and ordered him a calzone and me some lasagna from a local Italian place.  We just vegged out and finished up season 1 of American Horror Story that night.

Saturday we had a doubles clinic to attend, but he still wasn't too sure if he should do it or not since he was still aching.  So,"when in doubt, sit it out" and I went alone.  It was fun and there were so many more women there for that clinic than our normal Thursday night one.  I think there were 6 of us total and he had us doing several different drills, including having 3 of us on either side of the net volleying.  I got beamed twice hard but I need to learn how to get quicker reflexes.  The poor girl who hit me twice kept apologizing although secretly I said to myself that it must be that I'm a larger target than the rest of them.  Who knows.  It didn't hurt though thankfully and I just need to figure out how to counter that.  Practice, Practice, Practice I suppose. 

After doubles clinic, several of the ladies wanted to stay around and play an actual match.  I knew I was pressed for time but I did want to play a bit too.  I said that I could for about 30 minutes.  We ended up playing for about 45 minutes total.  Which totally reminds me that I really need to figure out how scoring in tennis works. I know in theory what to do but I need to learn when to switch sides and whatnot.  I need a Tennis for Dummies book.

So that was about 2 hours and 15 minutes in the hot blazing Louisiana sun (without sunscreen).  I was parched so I guzzled my water and then refilled it before I left.  I headed home to pick up Chris and we headed out to my mom and dad's so that we help them with yard work.  My dad is still down from his shoulder surgery and mom mowed their grass Friday and all we had needed to do was weed eat, use the trimmer and then edge the driveways.  The plan was to do their yard and then go by my aunts and mow/weed eat there too. All this before the LSU game started at 2:30.   I got the front flowerbed weeded while Chris was doing the weed eating then I started to feel faint.  This was about an hour into their yard work.   Chris and I got all the stuff bagged and to the road and I just couldn't go on any more.  I felt sick and had a headache so we decided to just call it a day.  I went home, showered and ate and drank more water.  I finally started feeling better around 8:00 pm.  This is the first time I have ever really felt faint being out in the hot so much.  I drank plenty of water and ate breakfast that morning and we had a subway sandwich between tennis and yard work.  It was really strange that this happened.  The crazy thing was it even wasn't that hot.  I think the high was around 88 or so.

Sunday, I was feeling a bit better but now it was my turn to be a bit achy and still slightly nauseous.  My back and ankles were sore from between the tennis and the weeding.  We still didn't manage to get to my aunts to do her yard so we will have to plan on doing that sometime during the week or next weekend for sure.  We did get the groceries done and planned for the week and then Chris and I went to Academy and got him his own racquet and tennis shoes.  He wanted to go try them out but by then it was around 2:00pm and I was still feeling a little squeamish from the day before. Instead we went to a movie (saw Gravity) and then we just went home and relaxed and watched The Walking Dead Marathon until it was time for the episode.

So that is the jist of my blah weekend.  I'm not sure what I could have done to avoid all that craziness and sickness that came over me on Saturday.  Maybe I should have spaced things out between the tennis and the yard work or should have just done one or the other and not both.  Who knows!

How was your weekend?  Did you do anything fun?  Get any exercise in?

October Exercise Minutes - 744/1600

19 comments:

  1. your October fitness minutes are wowsers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is really no good way to avoid sun sickness, I don't think. Mostly because you just don't know how it'll affect you. Maybe try to wear a hat at your tennis clinic or while weeding. I find the more my head/face gets sun exposure, the worse I feel.

    My weekend went by WAY too fast! I babysat for my friends 3 kids all day on Saturday, and then crammed all my weekend responsibilities (run, groceries, laundry, meal prep) into Sunday.

    What did you think of TWD Premiere??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, that's true. I may try a visor or something next time too, just in case.

      We had to squeeze everything like that in on Sunday as well. Makes the weekend fly by. I long for the days when I had nothing to do between Friday and Sunday night but that was back when I was 57 pounds heavier and didn't give a crap. Ah well.

      I liked it! I think a virus brings an interesting dynamic into play! And any episode with Daryl in it is just fine by me. :)

      Delete
    2. Yea, it should be interesting. I keep going back to whether or not it's a virus or if someone's using some kind of poison to hurt the group. Either way, I want to know!

      Delete
  3. Getting too much sun definitely will take it out of you! I feel you on that one. Did you like Gravity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I think it did.
      I did. I didn't "love" it though. It kinda turned into a morality tale and I just wanted to see stuff exploding in space and wanted it to be more like Apollo 13 or something. Not sure. It was worth seeing though!

      Delete
  4. Well good job on all the tennis but too bad you got sick! I dont know...88 is killer hot to me haha. Once it hits 78+ I start melting 88 is like 100 rofl. Hopefully you wont have the problem again :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are starting to feel better, have to take care of yourself. :) Jenn at FFG

    ReplyDelete
  6. No sunscreen...oh no! Glad you are feeling better - what a jam packed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea busy busy, when all we wanted was a nice and relaxing one. Oh well!

      Delete
  7. Ahhh sun sickness! So sorry! That is no fun at all :( Did you like gravity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, didn't like the sun thing one bit. Nosiree! LOL
      Gravity was "meh". I liked it and it will win oscars but I guess I wasn't expecting what we saw. It turned into a whole morality movie and I just wanted to see explody stuff in space. Still it was really well done.

      Delete
  8. Oh no! Hope you feel better now. I have played tennis my whole life and Remember summer practices/events it was not unsual to be sun burn and throwing up haha. Looking back I am like what was my coach thinking. Varisity tennis.. pssh.

    I cleaned all weekend. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, crazy to think how much we did when we were younger and didn't care. Plus varsity coaches pushing you to the brink of puking. I think they are sadistic mofos lol.
      I should have cleaned some too and now it's piling up in my house. Ugh. Maybe tonight.

      Delete
  9. "Not that hot" at 88 degrees!?! Woman, you're crazy. Hopefully you're feeling better now. How was Gravity? Looks interesting...but I wouldn't pay to see it in a theater. Just wait for Netflix on that. What did you think of Walking Dead? We were thinking maybe it's in the water and that's what killed the pig too. Who knows. But that kid touched Daryl...so I worry about him now.

    I didn't exercise at all this weekend because we worked at a local art festival selling my friend's jewelry that she makes all weekend. We did walk around quite a bit and set up/broke down the stock and tables every day, so I guess that could count a little bit.

    PS. Just barely over a month until Doctor Who!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well you have to consider we have ridiculous humidity here too so add that layer on top of the normal temperature and that just means oppressive heat.
      Gravity was ok. It was worth seeing, and will likely win a lot of Oscars but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. It turned more into a morality tale than explosions in space.
      Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For Doctor Who I watched the episode "The Next Doctor" yesterday while on the elliptical and that was the one with David Morrissey (the governor from TWD). Ahh love me some Tennant and I'm so excited for the 50th!

      Delete