Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekly recap

Good morning everyone!

I posted last Sunday about my goals for the upcoming week.  This is what I wanted to get accomplished:


Monday - am before work I'd like to run at least 2 miles. 
Tuesday - after work I may have an option to go play some tennis with some co-workers.  If that doesn't pan out then I will just either go walk at the park or go to the gym.  If my run gets cancelled tomorrow, I may try to run the track inside the gym.
Wednesday - Run -am/ Elliptical/weights pm
Thursday -  Tennis clinic pm
Friday - rest
Saturday - I may try to attend a tennis free play in the morning before going to our friends house to play DnD
Sunday - is the YELP! 5 K.


And this is what I did:

Monday - Ran 2 miles
Tuesday - Walked for 92 minutes
Wednesday - Walked for 54 minutes
Thursday - Walked for 22 minutes; 27 minutes of weights and 60 minutes of tennis lessons
Friday - 45 minutes on the elliptical
Saturday - 65 minutes on the elliptical; 20 minutes strength training

I also pushed really hard this week to get my 10,000 steps each day and so far I've done that!



I'm pretty pleased with this week and felt I really put forth a lot of work.  Now if only the scale with cooperate!  Today is the Yelp! 5K and hoping the weather clears up a bit.  I'm also a bit nervous about running in the afternoon.  I almost always do my runs in the morning first thing.  And I know this isn't a timed event or anything but I'd like to at least have a personal PR.  I'd *like* to see below 42 minutes and that is with me pushing my pace to try to get below 14 minute miles.  I really just don't quite know what to expect until I get there.  Already the nerves are flowing!   Should the rain cancel the event, I'm thinking I may just proclaim this a rest day.

I also wanted to drink more water this week and I've definitely done a lot better with that goal, just judging by the number of bathroom visits I've been having to make all week.  I'm averaging about 96oz per day according to the water app that I've been using.

Here are some pics from the week:

I was harassed by some more feathered evil-do-ers


Here is Mr. Skinny Geek showing us his "excited' face to be playing tennis.  He actually admitted afterwards that he really did have fun and would go again!

 

I may or may not have cried during this episode of Doctor Who while on the elliptical:


And here is a pic of the swamp on the way to our friends house to play Dungeons and Dragons yesterday.  


And of course, Doyle T. Cat



October Exercise Minutes - 385/1600

10 comments:

  1. Great job on keeping up with the exercises! I myself was slacking off last week :P. And it's nice that your husband enjoyed playing tennis too :). Goodluck with the 5k!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, it's been a good week! Hopefully I can keep it up next week!

      Delete
  2. You did great this week! Glad Chris had a good time playing tennis :). Good luck in the 5K and I hope the rain stays away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the Mr. enjoyed tennis!!! Maybe you've found a doubles partner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I'm itching to get back out there and practice! We haven't had time since Thursday!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness 10,000 steps all those days....congrats! That is a great accomplishment :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I swear I'm obsessed with hitting those numbers with the fitbit!

      Delete
  5. Awesome week! And I KNOW you cried at that Doctor Who episode. If you didn't, you don't have a heart (or two hearts LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, ok I admit it. I totally did. Several times. At each goodbye. (Sarah Jane, Capt Jack and Martha, even Mickey) and then Donna. UGH. Just rip my heart out Doctor Who! And then of course... Rose. I may or may not be tearing up now as I write this!

      Delete