Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday


Pretty Strong Medicine

189.2

Only -0.2 down this week.  A little bummed especially when I look back at the beginning of October and I've only got about a 1 lb. loss for the entire month.  I've gained and lost the same 2 pounds all month long.  Very frustrated.

But... I have a game plan.  I'm not sure the problem is with the exercise because I've got that under control I think, so I think that I will really focus not only on what I eat but how much of it.  I need to go back to portion control and see if I can start actively losing again.  I know that weight loss stalls at some point but when I look back at All of my Wednesday Weigh Ins, I have only lost like 11 pounds since the beginning of June.   I am 1 month away from hitting my one year mark of my weight loss journey, and I really would like 5 more pounds gone by then. That will put me at a loss of 60 in a whole year's time.   I'm still tracking my food and according to MFP I'm usually always within range of where I need to be so I think my focus needs to shift now and start eating a bit healthier and for the most part I do... but there are still some things that I can and need to work on.   And I am kinda expecting a "whoosh" too.  3 weeks the same and then whoosh is usually how it goes with me.

Sooo, hoping to start seeing some regular movement with this experiment.  But if not, still I'm pretty proud of those 11 pounds since June and the 55 total that I've lost.  It just seems like now I'm fighting for each and every pound and that well, just sucks.

Something that usually helps my mood (especially after a bad weigh) in is awesome and funky socks. I found these at Target in the $1.00 section!


During yesterday's walk, the sunrise was spectacular!


And Loki says hello to everyone!


19 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about the plateau. I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds since July and I'm going CRAZY. You're doing everything right though, so eventually it has to go!

    Your cat is ADORABLE. Also, love his name! Do you have a cat named Thor? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so incredibly frustrating! Hope we both see some movement soon!

      Thanks! Loki is such a sweet boy and I will have to remember the name Thor when we get another doggie at some point! LOL

      Delete
  2. your're at a net loss for the summer which is pretty brilliant but plateau's are the worst! I really hope you break through it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you and the plateau feeling. I need to bump up the exercise and get better at eating.
    Love the cat photos lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, portion control is critical. I'm a picky eater so I don't focus on the what like I do the how much. How much water are you drinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am definitely doing better with the water this week. I pretty much only exclusively drink it anyway but I wasn't quite drinking enough before this week I think. I was probably averaging 40-70 oz before but I'm back up to around 80-100 oz so far this week now.

      Delete
  5. Portion control is HUGE!!! And don't beat yourself up about only <0.5 lbs down, jump up & down & celebrate that it is a LOSS!!!! Take a good look at the collage at the top of your page & do NOT let yourself get down.....look at how far you have come!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! Thanks! Yea, I'm trying to be a bit more mindful about those portions now! We will see how it goes!

      Delete
  6. You are amazing! Don't let a slow period get you down. It's nothing compared to a lifetime of zero progress. Keep doing your thing, it will come off eventually, as frustrating as that can be:). P.S. Looking good Loki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! You are right! And Loki says "thank you meow"

      Delete
  7. That sunrise is so beautiful... must feel so good to start out the day with a beautiful sunset and a walk! Way to start the day out right!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Loki! You know, I'm right where you are! Look at it this way - you're DOWN this week. Definitely better than up. I know it sucks to get stuck, but it sounds like you're heading in the right direction to shift things around. Your exercise seems awesome and your eating seems OK (on MFP anyway)!

    I've been wondering though - when you have your Fitbit on, do you double dip? For instance, I wear my Fitbit at work all day to keep track of those steps, but if I go for a walk after work and use my Runkeeper app, I take my Fitbit off so it's not including calories burned from Runkeeper PLUS calories burned from the Fitbit. That way, when I see how many calories I have left to eat for the day, I feel like it's more accurate. Of course, I'm not a professional and might just be spouting nonsense...just something I've noticed when I go on MFP. Not trying to nitpick or anything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep you are right!
      Yes, I normally do but usually fitbit adjusts the calories that I usually plug in through Endomondo so it sorta nullifies itself I think. Actually I try not to eat back my calories anyway, and if I do, its usually not by much anyway. I know that sounds confusing. I'm confused reading it. I normally do the whole gps thing through endomondo on my phone. It automatically syncs with MFP and keys it in instantly. When the fitbit gets added in and sync'ed it reduces the calorie burn on the fitbit activity by the amount that endomondo says. It's weird but it seems about right. Because endomondo I feel sometimes like it gives me less calories burned than I feel that I did.

      Of course, if I actually had a HRM I'm sure that would be the most accurate count!

      Delete
    2. Oh I'm sure a HRM would definitely be most accurate! LOL They're just a pain when you have to wear the chest strap (guys have it so much easier!).

      The whole Fitbit thing confuses me. I do tend to eat back calories, but only because I know what the MFP has me set at is too low I think. I put in for a goal to lose 2 lb a week, so it automatically put me at the bare minimum 1200 calories for the day. So I always tend to eat more than that anyway (not a ton more though) and will eat back some of the exercise calories as well to make up for that (but again, not all of it).

      Technology is awesome and overwhelming at the same time!

      Delete