Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday

Hello to all the new visitors coming over from Katie's Runs For Cookies Motivational Monday post!


Weigh In Wedneday

Well it's already another Wednesday and that means another weigh in day!  I really worked my behind off this week and I was really hoping for a decent loss.

Excuse the smeggy scale.  I need to clean it.  The cats tend to get on it and well, be gross...

Down 1 pound.  I am happy but I was actually hoping for a bit more.  I know that I still need to just celebrate the loss but can't help but feeling frustrated about the fact that it is so hard now to lose.   I feel like I am fighting for each and every pound now when it seemed to be so easy at the beginning.   Chris and I have really worked hard this week at revamping our food and working on trying to come up with healthier options.  Plus having him on board with the exercise has been so great!   He walked with me twice and went to tennis clinic last Thursday.   I'm trying not too push too hard, but hopefully he will start doing a bit more and more each week.  Maybe we can even add him back to my YMCA membership.  I know, I know... baby steps!

Speaking of food,  we haven't had that yummy Shepard's Pie  in a while, so Chris and I made it last night.  We made 2 batches, one for him and one for me so that we have lunches for the rest of the week (after eating it as a meal last night).  It came out so good!  It's easily become one of our favorites.




The weather has been absolutely stunning around here recently too.  I've actually been going to walk on my lunch break which was practically unheard of during the summer.  I think it was 72º yesterday during my walk.


And the cats have been super snuggly lately. 




Back on the workout front, I've been really proud of this streak.  I didn't start out this month planning to do this but I have hit 10,000 steps every single day this week and check this out....




So I may as well run (ha!) with it!  We will see how this pans out.  I'm aiming for hitting my steps every single day and doing something each day this month too.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Wednesday!

Are you enjoying the cooler temps?  Do you have any exercise plans/streaks going this month?

October Exercise Minutes - 510/1600

30 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss! I can relate, after several awesome weigh ins it slowed down over here too and makes me feel a bit unimpressed when it's smaller losses. In a day or so you'll be right back to appreciating it though, I know you. Also, it's true what they say about the first 1/3 to 1/4, sometimes even 2/3 comes off easier than the last bit. Slows down the closer you get to the goal line. Sooo, if you want to take a positive from that- one way of looking at it is that you've lost enough weight your body is a little freaked out and says, no, I want to hold onto some of this in case of emergency. When I lost before I definitely noticed a big slow down once I got into the 190's range. I'd gone from 232 down to 195 in 4 or 5 months, but it took 4 more months to get from 195 to 184. At the end of the day you're going to get there because you're sticking with it and your body will figure out that it's cool! In the meantime though, congrats on getting Chris to join you more and being a team revamping the food. Between that and the nice weather and snuggly cats I'm pretty jealous over here, lol. Keep up the good work girly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I feel about the cooler temps. It's been quite cool here. It has it's pros and cons, but I'm actually an indoor exerciser, so the temp doesn't impact me as much as it does others. I have a "Streaks" calendar app, but I'm only ok on my streaks, but working on it!

    I saw you had a Fitbit Flex in a picture in your last post. I'm a Fitbit fan (I have the One).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yea, I never thought of myself as the "outdoor-sy" type but I'm starting to get that way I think! :) I loooooove my fitbit!

      Delete
  3. woooo for the loss and all the workouts you've been doing is truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like on the weeks that you "think" you're going to have a great loss are the weeks that they don't happen, lol. 1 lb is GREAT though! Slow & steady, slow & steady! :)
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I hate that too. I need to just be happy that it's not a gain or a maintain! You're right!

      Delete
  5. One pound is a great loss and you are bound to slow down the closer you get to your goal! You are doing the right thing by revamping for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel about fighting for every pound. It's all a mindset thought. I know you can do it!

    THANK YOU for the Shepherd's Pie recipe! My husband LOVES shepherd's pie, so I'm totally going to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, that shepherd's pie looks really good. Congrats on the loss! Still heading in the right direction girl, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the loss! I've been wanting to make Shepherd's pie too (don't think I've made it since I started my journey).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check that recipe out. It probably can be modified a bit further even! It was so yummy!

      Delete
  9. Hi Desiree, you're doing great... please don't get discouraged! You're living a healthier and more active life with your husband, and that alone is worth celebrating. More weight loss will surely come!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanna try that pie it looks so good! I am definitely enjoying the colder temperature!! I love layers! And I just started this boxing class yesterday as stated in my blog, and maybe fit in some running too if I'm not in constant pain! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was yummy! Oooh have fun with boxing! That looks like a lot of fun!

      Delete
  11. Awesome job on the loss! I ran this morning and it was overcast and almost (dare I say it?) cool. OK, it wasn't cool really but there were some cool breezes and I actually believe fall is coming to North Central Florida soon. It was such a pleasure not to be slogging on a run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just when I said that about being cooler, I made a dummy mistake by not looking at the weather this morning for my run. I put a long sleeved t shirt on (it was that cool - mid 50s yesterday and the day before) and lo and behold, it was like 64º. I may have jumped the gun a bit. Ah well...

      Delete
  12. wOOHOO on the loss!!! Good job!! Also really cool you made it on Katie's Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job with the loss! Now you've made me want shepard's pie. I haven't had that in ages!

    I'm expecting my Face The Music Friday to not go very well this week because A) it's one of my "bad" weeks of the month in terms of water retention and B) it's customer service week at work, so every single day has been free food all over the office (lunches Monday and today, breakfast Wed and Fri and we had cake on Tuesday). I've tried to refrain from too much but I'm not going to kill myself about it and not have any of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya there. If you deprive yourself I tend to think that leads to binging and to me, a little snack in small doses is ok. You may surprise yourself by Friday though!

      Delete
  14. I am definitely lovijg this amazing 70s and sunny!!

    Also a pound may not seem like a lot after dropping so many. But my favorite picture is a pound of fat and it says something like this is what a lb of fat looks at and it took this many calories +sweat to lose this lb of fat. So I am proud of you! The heathlier you become the harder it gets, but that just means tour getting closer to the end goal and further from your starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I experienced the same thing with my weight loss, where it felt like I was having to put in more and more work for smaller returns as I got further along. The last five pounds really crawled off. Ugh. It sucks, but you can do it! Every little pound really does count. - Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! And you are right.. it just takes time and perseverance!

      Delete